Originally Posted By: fredk
Ooooh, furniture! Does this mean you are down to the short strokes on your reno? It must be a good feeling to finally see something resembling the final form of your reno.

Yes and no. It does get more aggravating because I want stuff to be done, and everything still requires patience.

The place we went to about finishing the kitchen (countertops and sink installation) and carpeting the stairs still hasn't gotten back to us. I'm still debating whether I want to spend so much on the glass door for the home theater equipment closet, and I still need to find someone make the doors for the back side of that closet which faces into the bedroom. I still need to figure out the area rug situation for the home theater area. I still need to figure out seating for the home theater. I still don't know exactly how I'm going to run some of the cabling. My dad's still waiting to hear back from the inspector to have him look under the stairs before we can paint in there and finish that up. Some of the stuff isn't vital and can be fine-tuned over time, but it would be nice to tackle a lot of it before actually living in the space.

Not too productive of a day. After two Home Depots and two Lowe's stores, we came up short on finding everything we needed for the shelving plan. We probably could have had everything we needed if we'd bought some at each place, but we didn't want to buy without knowing if we'd find the rest elsewhere. Really frustrating. It wasn't the ideal shelving plan to begin with, but I can't come up with anything better so far.