Originally Posted By: CV
I'm afraid my A/V receiver may be on the way out. It's suddenly taking a lot longer for it to output audio. I don't think it's anything else in the chain since 1) it happens on both my PC and PS3, and 2) my mains are powered by the ADA-1500, so if it was that or the LFR1100 DSP, the surround speakers would start playing before the mains. I may have to get a new unit sooner than planned. Grr.

My Onkyo TX-NR708 bit the dust. No more sound output. I already got my replacement receiver, though. Really didn't want to buy a new receiver yet, but I'm sure my dad or someone else will be interested in this one when I finally upgrade to an Atmos, etc. receiver down the line. I ended up with a previous-generation TX-NR828. It seemed like the best value, since I didn't want to pay for the newer features that are going to be worked out much better in future models.

Setup went very quickly, but I'll do a more exhaustive calibration over the weekend. Or I may even move the system downstairs. I don't have any seating to speak of yet, but I could always take this much-abused sofa down there until I can afford a replacement. I don't have my area rug(s) yet, either, so it would be a very reflective room. It's hard to wait.