I'm here for you, buddy. Useless, but here

How wide is your room at the listening point?

I think the reason the stands are so short is because it would not be practical or safe to have them taller.

Theoretically, the idea behind the quadpolar surrounds is to bounce a lot of signals around (make the surround content more diffuse). If you have them too low, a lot of the signal is going to end up being absorbed by the rug or the furniture instead of getting to your ears first. Likewise, the tweeter mounting angle suggests to me that you might be happier getting at least *some* direct signal (by mounting the speakers behind or in front of you) instead of getting basically only reflected sound or off-axis response (if they are in line with the listening position).

My *experience* is with the QS8's on the back wall about 2 feet above and a few feet to the sides of the couch (previously) and on the side wall about four feet above and three feet behind the couch (now - different room). Both setups were great, but it is MUCH more spacious now since I have some "room" behind the listening position.

I like mine slightly behind and above the listening position. My perception is that it gives me good fidelity and an excellent mix of direct and reflected sound. But they ARE really flexible, and how you live your life in your listening room matters a great deal.

Good luck. Post pictures. Remember to stay hydrated - wiring is thirsty work.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem