I know for some of you it's easy, it's your name.

But there are a lot of others that have an interesting ring to them and I was just wondering if you would share the "why" behind it.

Alomost everyone who guesses mine gets it wrong.

It's not from the Douglas Adams character found in the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" series. Instead it's the name of my first car a 1950 Ford Prefect.

I bought it for $200 when I was 16 and didn't even have a license. Didn't have my parents permission either.

It was delivered on a rainy Saturday morning. Quite symbolic considering it is a British car.

I was sitting at the breakfast table enjoying a "Leave it to Beaver - Norman Rockwell" moment with my parents when the tow truck from the garage came around the corner with my new purchase attached at the back.

I had bought it on a Monday, in a fit of temporary insanity I might add, and I think that I was hoping that it was all a dream and that I had simply 'lost' my two hundred dollars.

Well reality came along and the "Leave it to Beaver' moment was quickly replaced by one that more resembled "The Simpsons"

Decades later I was forgiven ,but the memories of that first car are still with me. It was a natural to use that name when I first joined a motorsports forum and its been following me around the 'net ever since.

so what's your story?

cheers

Ford

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s