Refined and delicate humor indeed, Peter. While you're suffering with that clock radio in the hotel room(not even a Bose?)I'll continue the religious theme, but this time one that our priest got from a protestant minister friend of his.

One sunday after the service the minister was in his office meeting with three couples who wanted to become members of the church. One couple was elderly, one middle-aged and one young newly-weds. The minister explained that they would first have to show a willingness to sacrifice for their faith and this meant that they would have to abstain from sex for two weeks for him to consider them for membership.

Two weeks later the three couples again met the minister in his office and he questioned the elderly couple first. The husband replied "We had no trouble at all during the two weeks, reverend". The minister, smiling, told them "Welcome to the church!"

He then turned to the middle-aged couple and the husband reported that "It was difficult, and the last three nights I slept on the couch, but we persevered". "Welcome to the church!"

Finally it was the turn of the young newly-weds. The husband faced the minister, saying "We were allright for the first nine days, but on the tenth day my wife was reaching for a can of corn on the top shelf, but it fell. She bent over right in front of me to pick it up and I was so overcome with lust that I took her then and there". The minister sadly shook his head "You know that this means that you're not welcome in the church?" "Yes, and we're not welcome in Safeway either".

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.