I currently have a set of 15 year old Polk bookshelf speakers in my 15 x 26 basement (home theater/kids play room). I thought I wanted to update to floorstanding models. I do have a Cambridge Soundworks sub in my current system. I heard good things about Axiom and thought the M40 was the answer. I am starting to have second thoughts. I don't see much discussion about the M40's and it seems like a lot of people recommend the M22 bookshelves.

My thought was that I would need to get speaker stands anyhow so the cost to me would be a bit cheaper with the M40's and I also would be afraid that speakers on stands would be a bit easier to knock over than a floorstanding speaker.

From a budget standpoint I must limit my purchase to one of these speakers so unfortunately the M60's and 80's are out of the question.

Can I hear some confirmation from M40 owners about my original thoughts or some opposing viewpoints from those in the bookshelf camp. The system will be used for at least 75% home theater use/25% music. I am looking to be able to add the VP100 for the center a couple months down the road (matches the M40's, how about the M22's?)