Good points. As I said in another post, I'm looking hard for pro reviewers. Haven't found any yet. That's part of my conundrum. I don't know if that's due to the fact that Streem's are too new, the fact that they've been overlooked because no one thinks you can get high quality speakers at that price, or that they just plain suck and the people who bought them don't know it.

Infinity Beta-50's have gotten rave reviews on Audioreview, but when I listened to them in a local chain store, they failed to shine. They sounded O.K. at low volume, and I thought turning them up would reveal better tonality. Didn't happen. They sounded louder, but worse. I was very disappointed since I heard an Infinity bookshelf speaker 15 years ago at another chain store that pumped great sound. It blew me away. What happened to Infinity since then? I guess they went mass market. $998/pair for the Beta's is a total rip-off in my book.

So, yes, I'm very price conscious. Often in audio you pay for more than what you get. I'm not saying that's the case with the M60's. Anything that gets stellar reviews from the pro's is more than O.K. in my book, especially at the prices Axiom's charging. They offer a lot of bang for the buck, no doubt. That's why Axiom has made it down to my final 2. And price is not my highest priority. Sound is.

Some of the reviewers on Audioreview are knowledgeable and state that Streem offers almost unheard of "bang for the buck" in the often over-priced speaker world. I'm just looking for independent confirmation of that fact before I give them a shot.

That's why I'm here, after all. I figure if an Axiom owner could give Streem its due, then it would be worth my time to examine them myself. If not, then I might go with the M60's. They're the safe bet at this point. But the gambler in me won't let me sleep!