Without having first heard them you can't comment on what level the Streem's are on. Entry level? Not from what I've read so far. JBL RW-500's can't hang with these.

Streem offers a 30 day in-home trial just like Axiom. Customer support, by all accounts on Audioreview, has been excellent. One guy got a set with a defective woofer. He sent it back, and it was fixed and returned in 3 days.

The fact that Axiom has not axed this thread is a credit to the company. It shows confidence in its product line. I admire that. Consumers like me need and deserve all the information they can get before making a buying decision.

The only valid knock against Streem so far is that some of their speakers, like the FS-808's, LOOK a little cheap. I like a more refined look too, but looks are not imperative for me. Sound is. So is cost.

This thread has caused me to rethink my buying decision. I no longer think 2-channel stereo is the way to go for me. Since I need a new tuner, the AV route makes a lot more sense. Why buy a $300 HK 3480 or even a $175 HK 3475 when I can get a Denon AVR 1804 (6-channel, 6.1 Surround, 90W/) for around $330 at "Abe's of Maine?"

AV is the way to go, especially if I can get a good quality 5-speaker system at a radically low price. I think I'd choose the Streem HT-500 for its better aesthetics (especially with the grills off), and even LOWER price.

http://www.streemspeakers.com/ht-500.asp

As far as getting what you pay for, sometimes you get more, like with Axiom. Then again, sometimes you get a LOT more.

That's where doing your homework comes in. I can't justify paying $800 for two towers if I can get a whole system for less if their quality is comparable. Not EQUAL, but comparable. I'm sure the Axiom's are better speakers. How much better is the issue. Since none of you have ever auditioned the Streem's, your opinions on its sound quality are nothing but invalid speculation. I came here asking if anyone had ever HEARD them, not whether you could offer an uninformed opinion.

From what I've read, the Streem's have at least earned a 30 day home trial. They are not entry level, just ridiculously inexpensive. Sometimes new companies have to slash prices to make a name for themselves. In that case, the early buyers who take a "risk" with them profit handsomely. That may be that case with Streem.

If not, then I'll send them back. Streem's are sold at retail outlets like "Station Street," so sending them back won't be a problem, whether through it or buying direct.

If I hit the lotto, I'll get the Epic 80 (or something better) and a $2,000 receiver. Until then I'm looking for the biggest bang for my buck. And right now, 2-channel stereo can't compete with 5-channel surround sound in my mind. Not if the sound quality is comparable.