whoa boy what a post! I got a link in my email this morn from my friend (an Axiom owner) about this Streem thread. Let's get right to it ... MarkB you ain't gonna find the answer you are looking for here ... this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

Whoever it was that said the RW-500's are just bass and nothing else either has no idea what he's talking about or is simply trying to smeer these speakers. I, yes ME, actually own a set of HT-500's from Streem and I can tell you that they absolutely rock. They are so far from "Lot's of bass and not much else" that that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying. Being rear ported with a side firing 8" woofer the bass from these is actually quite subdued and the mids and highs are crisp and clear.

And just a note about the reviews, I purchased my HT-500 speakers a little over a month ago (after hearing the HT-808 package, which by the way has tons of bass if that is what you are looking for) and have received a "special offer" from Streem. What is the offer you ask? Well, let's just say that in appreciation for an honest, unbiased review on AudioReview.com they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

Seeing as I am not an AudioReview.com member it looks like I'll have to sign up for an account before posting my review. I suppose that explains the reviews from many new audio review members.

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

You wanted an opinion from someone that has heard both Axiom and Streem speakers so here I am. Axioms speakers may sound great but you can't get a better pair of speakers than Streem's for the money.

Have fun Mark.