Hey guys,

I will probably pick up a Denon UD-M50 microsystem (30W/channel) this week. They are typically sold without speakers, or paired with Missions which I don't particularly want. So I'm looking at speakers and I have narrowed it down to these:

Axiom M3ti
Paradigm Atoms/Titans
Energy C-1

I'm really leaning towards the Axioms because of their stats and amazing reviews. Will use the system in a small room mainly for hard rock (eg. GN'R). They will be placed about 9 inches away from the wall.

Comments? Is this a good match...ie. Denon/Axiom? Will the system be good for hard rock? Is the placement a concern? I've read that having them close to the wall will improve bass, but too close is obviously bad b/c they are rear ported. I'm hoping 9 inches is fine.

Our big stereo is like 30 years old and not very good - the sound is very muffled so I don't even use it. I mainly listen to a twelve year old Sony boombox with integrated speakers, which for what it is I think is actually pretty darn good. Obviously though, I think the Denon should be head and shoulders better and I feel it's time to upgrade to something nice. A real home theatre is years away and I like to listen in this particular room...which is why I'm getting the micro.

If I decide to save some money, I could buy the Yamaha MCR-E300 instead of the Denon, and still match it with one of the above named speakers. So feel free to commment on that system as well. (But I really like the Denon!).

Thanks.