Norton Internet Security includes a number of norton products. The one I would look into would be Norton Personal Firewall. I think in that application you can do something like
Options->Advanced Options: "Add site" www.axiomaudio.com
Then try permitting the various options for that site until the problem goes away. There should be something about a "referrer" or somesuch thing which I would expect to be the problem.

The basic idea is that when you move from one page to another, information about the originating page can be passed into the destination page. This is useful for companies that want to make sure you are using the site in the intended way. On a forum this would mean you had done something like made a post from a valid "enter new post" page, rather than carefully constructed a false post and programmatically sent it to the site. That information can also be used to track your movements across pages, which is why some firewalls (like Norton's) block it when possible. I suspect that is what's happening here, and you can always configure such applications to allow certain sites to view that information. It's just a matter of finding the option in the options list.

Edit: looks like I am a hair late. But since we took different approaches to the problem I'll leave this post. I think it's a useful security feature for the forum, and so hopefully by finding that referrer option in their firewalls and allowing it for axiom's site, those people experiencing this problem can get it fixed.

Last edited by ringmir; 12/17/04 04:58 PM.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]