Thanks Tom, Jeff. I had initially been interested in putting together a system to enjoy the movie surround sound experience, thinking I could use it for music too. But so far I have been listening to a lot more music, re-discovering my music collection that had been languishing (last stereo system is 20 years old now). This means, for me, a lot of listening in direct mode (am I in the wrong forum? LOL). I get a nice smooth stage now using the LFE + main setting. One of the reasons I wanted to try the M60s after living with the M22s was that most Jazz and Classical sounded great, Blues were ok, but they weren't getting it done for Rock. I thought a lot of it was the recordings themselves. You know - the M22s were "exposing" bad CDs. I am much happier with more of my collection after running them through the M60s. Granted, there are some bad recordings in there. And now that I've modernized the hardware, I get hear DVD audio, like Diana Krall''s "The Girl in the Other Room" - MAN-OH-MAN!!!

-dale

M60s, QS8s, M3s, VP150, VTF-2 MK2, AVR 2105