I think we all agree that not everyone has to like Axioms. Not only is there a lot of personal preference involved, nobody is saying that Axioms are "the best speakers in the whole wide world", just good speakers and good value from a company that's real nice to deal with.

Dennis went to great lengths to make sure Jimmy understood the system was newly hooked up, not calibrated, no time on placement or room tweaks. Not only did Jimmy fail to mention that, but all of his criticisms appeared to be setup issues, not the kind of criticisms one normally does hear about Axioms.

You found things you didn't like about Axioms, tried a couple of different models, provided great feedback of the differences, tried a couple of other brands and eventually settled on different speakers (MAs, right ?). Everyone respects that and we all learned from your efforts and your posts.

I guess I also had a problem with Jimmy's overall attitude. He just couldn't say enough bad things about Dennis's system. If I knew little enough about HT to be able to post things like "gee, if $12K of amps won't make these speakers sound good what kind of system am I going to have to buy ?" I would ask more questions, listen more, and talk a bit less until I had a clue.

Bottom line -- I agree 100% with what you're saying but don't feel that this particular... um.... gentleman deserves the benefit of the doubt. I was quite surprised that he had even bothered to listen to Axioms (actually PM'ed Dennis to see if he had ever heard of this guy) -- Jimmy's posts sounded more like someone who wanted to make themselves feel good by criticizing other people's systems.

Last edited by bridgman; 03/19/05 04:14 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8