Interesting thread I must say.

it pops a question from my side:

I want to offer my system for auditions because I do appreciate the Axiom quality sound, its money value, and its customer service (apparently I will move shortly anyway, because of work, doesnt know yet where), but I have been thinking on how well I have set up in order to impress the audiotionees instead of showing them a "bad system" (by bad I mean wrongly setup).

I have read this forum for over a year (I joined in Dec 2004, but I got my first Axioms about June 2004 if I remember well), and I have learned a lot. I am also a "just a reader" member of other forums (this is the only one I have posted more than 5 times). I have not been at home for a month (vacations). So as soon as I go back, I need to setup again the system (it is disconnected because I send the preamp for upgrade and the ICBM for repair), and possibly I am getting the SMS-1 and a second EP500 before end of february.

my point is, after following this thread, that I am not sure of how good I can show the system, and avoid jackasses to make such comments and make anonymous readers to dislike the Axioms. I understand that the Axiom sound is not for everyone (took myself a while to understand that the M22 were not sibilant, but some of my records were, for example).

So, to conclude, if any member of this forum, at anytime go as far as Mcallen, Texas, if you can spare the time to listen to my system before I offer it for audition, so I can make sure that I have done everything I have learn from this and other forums, papers and troubleshooting, its been done as much it can be done in the room where its located, and show the real capabilities of the Axioms.

One of the things that make me want to audition, is the amount of bad systems I have seen in my friends houses (by bad I mean bad like Bose Acoustimass... and wrongly setup). I have compared 4 B&G Radia X3 hybrids that I did take them home and A/B check them againt the M80's to show my friend what I was trying to describe of the sound. I like the hybrid ribbon tweeter though!! but the mids were not as clear as the M80´s. That was my first experience auditioning/comparing speakers. And since that day, I have show off my Axioms trying to convert people that is investing the budget of an Axiom systems in other speakers from Ebay.

Happy New Year for everyone.