Hi Twebbz;

You're the first one to hear a new update on M50s.

I finally got the chance, today, to actually listen to MUSIC on my new M50s, in my accoustically challenged listening room. No wife, OR kids around!!! I could even reposition my favorite chair!

I was able to pull my speakers out from their cabinets to give them some breathing room, and with a bit of positioning, and scattering of pillows and throw rugs in places you don't normally see them, they delivered an outstanding soundstage plus excellent imaging(really!)Maybe still not as good as in my previous house, but for this room, Wow!! But that's not the best part!

Now for midrange: I did some things in my Onkyo receiver (that some folks would frown at) but which makes breaking glass sound more like breaking glass, gives horns more of an edge, and like that. And, something I've never heard anyone say before: And this is significant.

On a couple of pieces on a couple of CDs, (This IS exciting!) They sounded possitively "Bright"!!! Almost to the point of "Ear Fatigue"!! Gads! It was almost painfull!!

You heard it here first.
Rich.