The week went by to fast, to many wineries not enough time. I want to thank everybody for their suggestions, I was able to taste all but a couple of the wines suggested and all lived up to the hype, the only ones I couldn't find to taste were the Lamborn Zin and the Cakebreads, although I did purchase a Cakebread Cab and Merlot to be tasted later. Sonoma was skipped this year in order to take the kids to the Jelly Belly factory and the wife to the Napa Outlet Mall. I'll give our thoughts on the winetrain, our favorite buys and a couple pics. since everybody seems to like pictures.
The wine train was one of the highlights of the trip, the cars are elegantly restored, the food is gourmet quality. There are several choices of cars that you can choose to ride on depending on if you want a 4 course meal or if you just want to order from a menu. No matter what car you choose you are free to roam all the cars on the train. My favorite was the wine tasting car, for $5.00 you are able to taste 4 wines of your choice of the 30 or so different wineries represented, for $15.00 dollars, my wife and I were able to share tastes from 12 different wineries, compared to the cost of tasting in Napa where the prices run from $10.00 to $50.00 dollars a tasting depending on the vintage that's quite a bargain.
I would recommend this trip to anyone thinking about visiting Napa, it was well worth it.

Some of our favorite wineries that we visited and purchased from.
Cabs- Siverado, Silver Oak, Constantino, we purchased their Cabs and a few others, all their wines were outstanding.
Merlot- Markham, to me their 2000 reserve was one of the best Merlots I have ever tasted, we bought 1/2 a case.
Hagafen- Very tasty reserve Zin, small boutique winery
Sangiovese- Luna, great wine
Red Wine-Chimney Rock, winery in the Stags Leap Dist. their Levage was one of the best wines I had on this trip.
This was just our personal favorites of the many wineries visited, we needed another week

The wife, kids,and father in-law in front of Mondavi

The kids favorite, ariel tram to Sterling Winery

The Take

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.