Been a long time since I've posted here but have tried a mess o wines that should be tried. These should be pretty available - at least in the U.S.

Woop Woop Shiraz $8 ish- nice blueberry. a hint of pepper to remind you that it's a shiraz - good mouthfeel. A nice every day drinking Shiraz

Jim Barry Lodge Hill - $15 Shiraz - drinks more like a $30. Great Tannic structure, fruit, long finish

Miramar - unoaked Chardonnay - hello! Nice to taste a Chardonnay without over oaky vanilla getting in the way. Sweetish in a tart apple sort of way, but very refreshing.

A couple good Oregon Pinot's that I am blanking on - I will check my notes on those - relatively inexpensive too!

Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot - I know, I know the gag is anything but Merlot - but this is nice approachable, under $10 or around there a bottle. Nice oak, tannin vanilla and cherry - thank you, I will have more!

Silver Oak 2002 Alexander Valley ($60-70)- finally Silver Oak back to tasting like great Silver Oaks of the past. Textbook cali cab boquet - Great tannic structure - long, smooth finish.

Amon Ra Godolphin - Wow! Australian. 80% Shiraz 20% Cabernet Savignon. This is drinkable now. Powerful. A friend and I tried a bottle at a tasting and bought two - one for dinner that night with our families - one to wait until we can all meet up again. This wine derives incredible fruit from the Shiraz and I surmize the Cab help s to give it a velvety smooth finish. Dark fruit on the nose, dark fruit and earth on the pallet. I highly recommend this wine - It's about $50 a bottle, but you absolutley can not go wrong with this wine if you like Shiraz or shiraz blends.

I know I have more rattling around in my head - there are a couple spanish whites - an Alberino and a Savignon blanc that I will have to track down too.

DL