Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
SIRIUS Radio in Canada
#100924 07/01/05 03:50 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
This may have been posted before or maybe not.

It was news to me.

http://www.siriusradiocanada.com/

Re: SIRIUS Radio in Canada
#100925 07/01/05 09:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi NeverHappy,

Yes, I was up at Axiom for 10 days of meetings and I heard this on the CBC-FM radio news in my car.

Now, what I want to know is if I subscribe in Canada and I drive to the U.S., do I lose the Canadian service or does it switch over to the US channels. I'm certainly not going to subscribe to two services.

Incidentally, I think the money behind the original Sirius service in the U.S. was a West Coast-based Canadian billionaire of the evangelical right. I do recall reading an article on both US services when they started. The article mentioned something about the head honcho of Sirius firing anyone whom he caught swearing in their studios of offices. Yikes!

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
#100926 07/01/05 09:52 PM
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Hey Alan,

Hmmm, that is a good question. I wonder what happens when someone does cross the border. If I know the CRTC and if they had there way, I bet you ten to one your service dies not long after you get into the US. But then again the overlap from the signal will be substantial to say the least. I'm in the middle of Western Canada and I know more then one person running around town listening to XM radio and it's not available here..............yet.

In the end who knows! I guess we wait and see. I may subscribe if the price is decent.

#100927 07/01/05 11:13 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I don't know if any will remember, but I started a thread a couple of months ago regarding an XM promotion whereby if you bought $100 worth of on-sale Dockers stuff, you got an XM unit, free initiation and three months of service at N/C.

Coincidentally to this thread, I just got the unit 2 days ago and have some first impressions: I'm really liking it! I think that the amount of value somebody may put on these services is factored by what radio stations they already have to choose from (not much in my case), how much time they spend driving (middle of the road (HA!) for me), and how much they value diverse music, talk, comedy, etc.

One tiny thing that I'm really liking is getting the readout of artist and track. I'm hearing a variety of music that is SO much wider than what I normally hear on the radio, that's it's very helpful for me to glance at the info to see what it is that I'm liking!

I'm only temporarily hooked up (so an antenna wire is going out a window, reminding me of much of my late-70's CB days) but I'm going to buy another car kit so we can use it in both vehicles easily. I might even buy the Polk home-component I'm enjoying it so much!

Both XM and Sirius are running some pretty attractive promotions right now... I think it's worth checking out!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters