Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Problem
#1076 01/22/02 08:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Glad to here it was something simple. I have a Rega 3 in an economy midfi setup, along with Axiom AX3's and I had a similar incident. I was lucky, in that I have a couple of systems (1well above this level, and 1 above...kind of a HiFi, MidFi and economy midfi...not to mention many other pieces of equipment) so I could check the source and adjust the arm.

As for Axiom, I own a pair of AX3's as mentioned above. I have met Ian, and toured the factory. I have no other association with Axiom outside of this. I have contacted them twice in the past, and always found them very customer service centric. I required replacement of drivers, and they provided them as per their warranty. The warranty on the older lines was a bit better, as mine states Lifetime.

I guess the question is, my lifetime or the speakers! ;)

Regards,

BBIBH

#1077 01/24/02 11:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being new to all this, can you explain why this would have an affect?

Thanks

Rick

#1078 01/24/02 11:56 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sure, a turntable is perhaps one of the most misunderstood pieces in audio. The fact that they are not generally considered part of a new system when someone shops, means they are getting less popular for people to play with. Most people of the age to remember them, do so with either great fondness, or great horror.

Anway to the question: the vertical tracking angle of the cartridge affects harmonic distortion, time distortion , focus and tonal balance. This angle is dependant on the height of the tone arm. Lower the arm, and the sound becomes muddy and booming bass wise. Raise it to high, and the sound will get sharp, shrill and take on screeching treble tomes.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

BBIBH

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617