Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Axiom Qualtiy & Service
#10802 05/10/03 05:23 PM
OP Offline
I want to start by saying how impressed I am with Axiom's customer service and the quality of their product. I recently purchased the Epic 60 System in the "Black Matte" custom color. I bought these speakers based on reputation alone trusting all of the good reviews available on this website. Prior to my purchase I visited every audio shop in my home town of San Diego, CA.. I typically left these stores frustrated due to lack of product knowledge, inventory or ability to demonstrate what you might expect a system to sound like. I therefor went online to do some research and found Axiom. I read just about every review on this site and particularly enjoyed the additional receiver comparisions. I purchased the Denon 3803 to complement the Epic's, and the sound that is produced is better than anything short of a live performance in your living room. In surround sound, watching the "Gladiator", I swore I will never be seen in a movie thater again. I listen to a lot of various styles of music and am constantly impressed by the sound quality I am getting from these speakers. It is really hard to describe and unless you hear it for yourself you will not believe that you can get that kind of quality for the price paid. Including shipping no less! We are the envy of everyone that comes by our house and hears our system. I should mention that our television is a Platinum Series 55" Mitsubishi which ties it all together for beautiful entertainment. I guess I should mention one dissapointment that I have with receivers today. The availablity of an "A/B" switch for stereo speakers. My previous receiver which was 15 years old allowed me to turn off the interior speakers (A) and run my outdoor set (B) or vice a versa or both at the same time. With the Denon you can run 2 sets with the second as "Back Speakers" or Stage 2 with an auxilliary amp. I wonder why something so simple is not a standard feature on all recievers?
Thanks Axiom for making my audio dreams come true. If you ever need a reference in my area I would be very happy to provide one.

Re: Axiom Qualtiy & Service
#10803 05/11/03 03:21 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

the "Black Matte" custom color

Hmm... I did not know that Axiom would do a custom finish at all! Would you care to elaborate more on this particular finish? Any other "custom" finish(es) did you discuss? How did you order it? Did you pay a customization fee? If so, would you mind telling us how much?

#10804 05/11/03 02:33 PM
old hand
old hand
Could you possible send or post pictures of this color?

#10805 05/11/03 04:42 PM
OP Offline
None of the finishes that Axiom normally furnishes matched with our decor. I had read in one of the of the message boards that other finishes such as "Piano Black Gloss" etc. were availabe. I contacted Amie with Axiom and asked if "Matte Black" was an option and if I could get a sample. She sent the sample along with a sample of their standard finishes black oak, white ash and dark cherry. I received them within 4 days. The added charge is only $200.00 and is well worth it. The matte black matches the typical audio/video component colors and is easier to live with than a simulated wood grain. We did, however, really like the white ash sample the best out of the standard choices, it just did not fit in with what we had. The only drawback if you go custom, is a 6 week lead time for delivery since it is not a stock item, still well worth the wait. I did not ask what other options were available, but being a vinyl product I am sure that there are more to choose from. Axiom should advertise this custom option, after deciding that I wanted their speaker system we really struggled with the advertised finishes, none of them worked. If I would not have seen the the "Piano Black" post I may not have bought these speakers, because options are not advertised. Note, that the QS-8 stands are standard "Matte Black". Enjoy!!!

#10806 05/11/03 04:44 PM
OP Offline
Sure. Give me a few days.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616