AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Ken.C), 123 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22897 Topics
404609 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10900
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11315 - 05/24/03 01:37 AM How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
Haoleb Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Maine
Ok so i come to this place alot. why wouldnt i! but with the news that i heard axiom is only selling online, i think that this place needs a facelift. If i were a new customer that didnt know about axioms friendly faces and all the good stuff. I might be sceptical wouldnt you? I think it would be very intersting to see some stuff like, the axiom factory tour page, showing a step by step process of making the speakers and packaging etc. And what goes into the product, like the testing rooms and stuff. I dunno. but i think that would be pretty intersting.

#11316 - 07/01/03 01:56 AM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
Haoleb Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Maine
ok.. maybe it was a bad idea. but i thought it was good! i always am intersted in seeing how things are made and how they work etc. id much rather look through a photo gallery of a factory in full tilt producing product than read through specs and stuff.

#11317 - 07/01/03 02:07 AM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
I like the idea of maybe seeing the staff photos, short factory tour pics (nothing too revealing of industry secrets) and the testing room (and the one at the NRC).
I do like the big popups of the new vinyl styles at least. Those little gifs were awful for looking at the larger colour.

#11318 - 07/01/03 09:13 AM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
chrono Offline
old hand

Loc: Toronto, ON
I think that the site could use a facelift.

It is very plain looking at the moment, and unfortunately it makes it alittle unprofessional looking. I think axiom would benifiet greatly from a nice sharp professionally designed website. A factory tour page would also be very nice.

When I was looking around at different speaker manufacturers sites, axiom seemed to be the least visually appealing. Sites that I thought were well designed included Paradigm, Amperion Audio, Dynaudio, and SVS.

#11319 - 07/01/03 11:34 AM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
Ken.C Online   content
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
I disagree. I think that Axiom's site is a very clean design, and it's easy to find and check out all of the products. Also, there's no Flash, etc, so it's quick to load and run. I find SVS's site in particular difficult to navigate; there are no really quick links to product info. You have to drill down about 4-5 levels to get specs.

#11320 - 07/01/03 12:32 PM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
BigWill Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Corona, Calif. USA!!!
I wouldn't change the look of this site at all. So many others are dark, with high contrasting colors that make reading difficult (AVS Forum, Energy's website, etc...).

#11321 - 07/01/03 12:48 PM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I have to back you up on that one, Ken. As someone who has experience designing websites, it is very good practice to have a fast-loading site with the most frequently accessed information available 1 to 2 clicks away. In other words, a site should be wide and not deep.

Any whizz-bang stuff you have on a site should serve a purpose other than to make it look cool. The products (and reviews) here speak for themselves.

#11322 - 07/01/03 01:09 PM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
JasonG Offline
local

Loc: central Ohio
My only suggestion would be to combine the "Store" and "Our Products" pages into one page. I find it confusing to have somewhat different information on two pages, both of which appear to serve the same purpose.

#11323 - 07/01/03 01:29 PM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
sushi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Dallas, TX
I too agree that the Axiom web site is one of the easiest-to-navigate among manufacturer web sites in general. If I were to do anything to it, I would expose more of the well-hidden-but-well-known pages by linking them to the home or category-top pages.

I must say that, among the AV manufacturer sites, one of the worst designed sites is that of VMPS -- their contents are quite interesting (whether or not you agree with their claims), but boy... the site is highly disorganized and unprofessional!

#11324 - 07/01/03 03:33 PM Re: How to make Axiomaudio.com a better site
chrono Offline
old hand

Loc: Toronto, ON
I guess I'm in the minority then with my opinion!

I do agree that the site is easy to navigate, and fast to load, but I still feel that you can retain these aspects with a more visually appealing design.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.