Rate Thread
Hi Fi Speakers on wall
#117748 11/29/05 04:43 PM
W
regular
OP Offline
regular
W
I am considering the AS 150 for a 2.1 music listening environment. Any feedback?

Re: Hi Fi Speakers on wall
#117749 11/29/05 05:16 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have a pair of the W3s used for a stereo music system in the bedroom and have been very happy with them. I would recommend trying any of the AS series.

#117750 11/29/05 07:29 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
You should check with Axiom.

I believe that all the center channel speakers are specifically designed to be placed horizontally. If you intent is to use them vertically as mains, you might be better served with the W22.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#117751 11/29/05 07:44 PM
W
regular
OP Offline
regular
W
I posted this in the general forum, so I will post it hear to give everyone an idea of what I am looking for. I thought this was the axiom site!

OK, I have dilemma. A new piece of expensive furniture has replaced my current set up which included running two def tech sm450's off an onkyo 939. I use to use the Onkyo 939 for my home theater and upgraded too a denon 4806. So, I placed the Onkyo in the family room/kitchen, where we sit around and enjoy libations and sometimes party until early in the morning. This room is not ideal for dedicated audiophiles, but it is the party place.

Now that I can't use the def tech's anymore (too deep and won't fit on the new $2500 Amish sideboard/Credenza which sports a 42 inch panny plasma) and don't want to hang them on the wall, I have to revert to onwall speakers. So, I want to find the best speaker I can and possibly subwoofer that I can place next to the plasma. The sub would go underneath. My room is "live" as Chris Dixon stated, so I need the speakers to do the work and allow the room to have its deficiencies. So, please recommend to me the best on wall speaker you know of: I have a $5000 tops, budget (two speakers, one sub).

I really was considering Triad silvers, but they have no on wall. I am also considering Triad golds or Bronze. My goal is to hear music as purely as possible relying mostly on the speakers. I also own a Nad 1600/2400 tuner and pre-amp tuner and a rotel 880bx.
My room is approximately 14 by 20, vaulted ceiling, French style ceramic tile, one couch, Kitchen cabinets, a breakfastnook with miscellaneous tapesty rugs on the floors. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Lstly I was looking at the Axiom on-walls AS 150 but there seems to be an incredible amount of controversy over Axioms.

OK, I have dilemma. A new piece of expensive furniture has replaced my current set up which included running two def tech sm450's off an onkyo 939. I use to use the Onkyo 939 for my home theater and upgraded too a denon 4806. So, I placed the Onkyo in the family room/kitchen, where we sit around and enjoy libations and sometimes party until early in the morning. This room is not ideal for dedicated audiophiles, but it is the party place.

Now that I can't use the def tech's anymore (too deep and won't fit on the new $2500 Amish sideboard/Credenza which sports a 42 inch panny plasma) and don't want to hang them on the wall, I have to revert to onwall speakers. So, I want to find the best speaker I can and possibly subwoofer that I can place next to the plasma. The sub would go underneath. My room is "live" as Chris Dixon stated, so I need the speakers to do the work and allow the room to have its deficiencies. So, please recommend to me the best on wall speaker you know of: I have a $5000 tops, budget (two speakers, one sub).

I really was considering Triad silvers, but they have no on wall. I am also considering Triad golds or Bronze. My goal is to hear music as purely as possible relying mostly on the speakers. I also own a Nad 1600/2400 tuner and pre-amp tuner and a rotel 880bx.
My room is approximately 14 by 20, vaulted ceiling, French style ceramic tile, one couch, Kitchen cabinets, a breakfastnook with miscellaneous tapesty rugs on the floors. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Lstly I was looking at the Axiom on-walls AS 150 but there seems to be an incredible amount of controversy over Axioms.

Last edited by wisardd1; 11/29/05 07:47 PM.
#117752 11/29/05 08:08 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Well, the forums are sponsored by Axiom, but the regular posters are typically just satisfied customers rather than representatives of the company (although Alan Lofft does post semi-regularly, as does Amie Colquhoun). My point is that if you are sincerely interested in Axiom products, your most efficient learning process will probably involve a phone call to the company, where you will find knowledgeable, helpful people. Forum denizens are helpful, but we do not have the same information about product design that you can obtain directly from Axiom. Also, the W series is sufficiently new that there are not many forum reviews yet.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters