AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22946 Topics
405850 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10966
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119251 - 12/06/05 03:59 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
bridgman Offline
axiomite

Loc: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
>>the above statment makes me think that Axiom may not be the best speakers for a Home Theatre. I dont do anything but watch DVDs on my system. It's a dedicated DVD theatre. Is Axiom the wrong way to go? Are these more for music rooms?

I would almost say the other way round. For music systems there are long, painful arguments every day about exactly what nuances are best for an ultimate music system. For home theater it seems to be much simpler -- flat is good.

#119252 - 12/06/05 04:12 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
Sutter Cane Offline
aficionado

Loc: Wichita, KS
JL,

I received your email and responded.

Sutter

#119253 - 12/06/05 05:41 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
In reply to:

what makes axiom better than say JBL or Klipsh?

You've gotten some excellent advice from the guys. I would just like to reinforce what others have said about how subjective the definition of "better" is. My "better" could be your "worse." That being said, you've heard some good reasons why anyone might consider Axiom as "better" than another brand. If you went to the Klipsch forum, you'd hear any any number of reasons why you might consider Klipsch "better."

In reply to:

the above statement makes me think that Axiom may not be the best speakers for a Home Theatre. I dont do anything but watch DVDs on my system. It's a dedicated DVD theatre. Is Axiom the wrong way to go? Are these more for music rooms?

Respectfully, I feel it's just the other way around. I found Axioms capable of flawless movie soundtrack reproduction. Music reproduction is trickier because of the lack of any standard for the mixing and mastering of CDs. Axioms are relentlessly accurate and revealing. What is on the CD, is what you'll hear. If the CD is poorly mixed and/or mastered, you'll hear it. On the other hand if the CD is well mixed and mastered, the "WOW" factor is through the roof.

You're on the right track. Get the center and surrounds, and see how they work with your Technics. If you're not happy with the mix then you can add some Axiom mains when the budget allows.

When I bought my Axioms I, like you, was interested predominantly in movies. I would have put my ratio of movies to music at 90/10. Once I got my Axioms that ratio changed to about 50/50. They resurrected my interest in music. Should you end up with all Axioms, don't be surprised if you experience a similar change.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#119254 - 12/07/05 11:00 AM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
NEW2AXIOM Offline
devotee

Loc: Raleigh
Welcome to the board Jlunden.

I was in your shoes about 2 months ago. I was questioning if I should go with Axiom or not. 99% of my listening is for Home Theater. I decided to give them a try. What do you have to loose, they offer a 30 day money back guarentee! Needles to say, I have had my Axioms for about a month now and I am VERY happy. Axiom makes a great product and I have no doubt that you will love them.

Add to all that there great customer service. These guys bend over backwards to help you. I sound like an advertisement. lol. Anyway, im sure you will be very happy.

#119255 - 12/07/05 11:10 AM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
bugbitten Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Madisonville, KY
In reply to:

...Axiom may not be the best speakers for a Home Theatre

My Axiom system runs all day. My son Patrick starts his DVDs early in the day. I finish out the evening. The best change for me was adding the sub. DVD watching is just not the same. I don't go to the theatre but wait for DVDs because my sound system is so much better than the theatre.

#119256 - 12/20/05 12:39 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
JLunden Offline
enthusiast

Well, I did it. I just ordered 3 QS8s and 1 VP150 center. I wanted to say thanks to the folks that offered advice.

#119257 - 12/20/05 02:34 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
KC23 Offline
local

Loc: Southern California
I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like them. I'm kind of going the opposite way as you. Ordering M60s first, followed by the EP500. The S8s and VP150 will come last.

#119258 - 01/16/06 02:00 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
JLunden Offline
enthusiast

Hey guys,
Just wanted to post to say thanks for all the input and advice. It was a real help! I've got my QS8s and my VP150 up and they sound great!

Thanks again!

-J

#119259 - 01/16/06 04:06 PM Re: Is Axiom right for me?
bugbitten Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Madisonville, KY
Very Nice!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.