Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Commercial audio / video system design
#125664 02/02/06 05:46 PM
M
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
M
Now that is cool Amie!! They look friggin BASS ASS!! Unfortunately, I haven¡¦t been to any of your gatherings yet. Hopefully this season, but a doubt it. I¡¦m spending too much money on your products this year¡K. ƒº Plus, I have a wedding in Hawaii I have to go to (taking care of the bachelor party!!)

Do you know if the subs will work OK if they are tucked in cabinets? Alan? That little detail is causing me fits trying to draft the walls/patricians with recessed cabinets at the moment. Friggin CAD doesn¡¦t like to do that.

Will do Tom. I¡¦ve got several friends to visit all over the place that I¡¦ve met on these boards. I¡¦m beginning to think y¡¦all should just plan a trip to Alaska. I¡¦ve got plenty of room. In the summer there¡¦s plenty of fishing (halibut, king/red/silver salmon, snapper, lin cod, shark), or in the winter there¡¦s heli skiing and snowmachining.

Re: Commercial audio / video system design
#125665 02/03/06 03:51 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi mdrew,

If you first find the locations in the room where the subs produce the deepest and smoothest bass, there's no reason you can't hide the subs as long as you don't impede the port and driver radiation.

I would not use wooden lattice work in front of grille cloth. I think the lattice work might impede proper venting. A strong portective steel mesh grille behind a grille cloth over the port and the driver would work better. I'm speculating here. You could always try both and see.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617