#130873 03/07/06 03:41 PM
Gkarf Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
27 hours of contentious debate finally ended in the following compromise:
1) My ears agreed to forgo the break in period
2) I agree to wash them twice weekly
With that in place, I picked one of my favorite tunes for first play. Take Five.
Brubeck was on the right,Morello and his drums on the left,Desmond in the center. Okay, couldn't place Wright and his bass, but WHO CARES!!! They sounded amazing!! After one album (didn't get it set up till late) I'm thrilled. Not a lot of experience to go on, but I could'nt be happier. Now to save up for the ... I think center channel will be the place to go next. Thanks to all for the help, yet another happy camper. Guy

Re: Speakers arrived yesterday!!
#130874 03/07/06 04:21 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Guy, glad you are happy with your purchase, the 60's are great speakers

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Re: Speakers arrived yesterday!!
#130875 03/07/06 07:53 PM
buff
buff
Glad you finally got yours!!! Even after almost two weeks now and the inital "wow they are here, pop in the CD and they sound great" anticipation and excitement has worn off, I STILL LOVE the sound of these things. Just beautiful, clean, detailed.

What is strange, and I am not sure everyone will agree, is before my purchase I was a little nervous because I kept seeing things like "They are so detailed, they will reveal flaws in a system or recording". While I guess that is true (I heard some master tape hiss on a recent CD I picked up: The Essential Santana), EVERYTHING I play on it sounds BETTER. No worries at all. While I guess you could say that flaws in the source were more noticable, it did NOT detract in any way from the enjoyment of it. I still think they make everything sound better. In other words, a bad recording may still sound bad compared to a good recording on my Axiom speakers, but it still sounds BETTER than on less detailed speakers.

Sorry for my rambling, just sharing my opinion. Glad you are enjoying your purchase!

-Alan

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 664 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup