Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Axioms in Vegas
#135392 04/12/06 05:59 AM
gergg Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an Axiom setup in my home theater in Las Vegas. As of now I am still setting it up. I am still deciding on the receiver and the sub, but it should be ready soon.

Re: Axioms in Vegas
#135393 04/12/06 07:37 AM
shareholder in the making
G, welcome. I'm sure that you'll have a very enjoyable listening and viewing experience when you're all set up.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#135394 04/12/06 02:13 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Welcome to the forum! Please let us know what direction you go concerning the receiver and sub. And, we're VERY fond of photos around here.

Also, if you'd like to, please add yourself to Axiom Owners Map, and, if you're willing to demo your speakers for others, to the AxiomAuditions Map.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#135395 04/12/06 02:34 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Welcome.

Give us the gorey details.

#135396 04/12/06 03:34 PM
axiomite
axiomite
By the way, don't let those two Axiom detractors over at AVS spoil your pleasure. The second detractor mentioned a thread he came across here at the forum from '04. That thread, by some STRANGE coincidence, just happened to involve the first detractor, who got into a rip roaring argument with just about everybody here, and has since borne a grudge against Axiom, this forum, and it's members. He appears in every virtually every thread about the VP150 at AVS, and proceeds to run it down.

In all honesty, there have been a few who have had an off axis problem with the VP150. However, there are an infinitely larger number who have NOT, and are happy VP150 owners. What this implies is that the problem experienced by the few, has to do with the something other than the design of the VP150, such as placement and room conditions.

The detractors will work very hard to imply that those who haven't had a problem with the VP150, just don't know any better (the old "I've got golden ears, and you don't" argument). And, they'll even use math to prove their point. They, of course, won't mention that Axiom has done extensive testing of their speakers, and have not achieved the results their math would indicate.

There is not a speaker anywhere that has universal acceptance. Name any speaker model, by any speaker manufacturer, and I'll find you someone who thinks it is a lousy speaker. The question is, how many more like and enjoy it? How many reviewers have liked and recommended it? Even with that, speaker evaluation is a very subjective thing. All I can say is, the proof is in the listening. You, and ONLY you decide if you like your speakers.

One last point. When you run into someone, on any forum, who passionately runs down any product, a little alarm bell should go off. There is a difference between "passionately running down a product" and "fairly criticizing" a product. That difference has less to do with the point being made, and more to do with HOW the point is made. Those who are simply criticizing a product do so without poking anybody in the eye. Those who have an agenda poke away with vigor.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#135397 04/12/06 04:42 PM
In reply to:

infinitely larger number

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but the numbers are heavily on the side of 'no issues'.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044