Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Best Speaker Sys. Under 3000$ consideration wi
#136661 05/04/06 12:06 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
now maybe you know why I worded my post as I did, I didn't want what is happening right now to be happening, with the two replies I just read.
I'm not saying any change is or isn't worth anything, not trying to step on anyones toes, not trying to start world war three, not trying to do anything, except find out what has been changed.... and just in case you haven't thought of it, a discernable improvment may just be what lands more sales for Axiom. for crying out loud I only want to know what the differences are. I'm not asking for FBI secrets here. why is this such a big deal? you know what, if you guys are going to have a cow about it, just forget I asked about it then, and God forbid I question anything that is unclear to me. I'm simply someone trying to make sense of all of this hifi stuff, and you guys are acting I just called your little sister a slut or something and you wanna kick my @ss. sheesh I wouldn't be here asking questions if I didn't want to know. And I also wouldn't even be on this forum if I had no interest in Axiom speakers. again why is it such a big deal to ask about V2 and what has changed? Lastly I will not reply to any stupid questions about motives, spys or any other idiotic sh!t, I am a potential customer that wants to learn as much as I can about different makers products, and everything else I can learn,and I'm not afraid to ask questions so as to learn, afterall 3000$ is "a lot" of money to me, it may be a drop in the bucket to some but not me sorry. I came into my search with a thirst for knowledge and understanding. no desire to offend or be offended. I will not name names but other makers v this or series that, always comes with getting out word of the improvments made in the latest versions. so my being made to feel as though i have done something wrong is ree-dick-ah-lus & does not help Axiom sell any speakers, not in the least. This is the VERY LAST I will say on this matter. Period

Back on track now, has anyone perchance had or have any of the other speakers I am considering? that can lend objective or subjective input as to what you liked or didn't like about them? Or how you would say they differ form the mentioned Axiom setup? I would be most appreciative. Oh, not sure if I added it to the first post but NHT M6's are also on my list. thank you all that have helped and will help me to continue to learn in this most interesting . . . ummm hobby. Peace

whatza spel cheker?

#136662 05/04/06 12:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Excuse me, but did you see the smiley after my post, I was asking a simple question, was not meant to offend. The way I read your posts, it seemed to me that you were looking for a sound improvment in the v2 versions, so I asked what I felt was a simple question. Sorry if you took any offense to it, it was not intended that way.

#136663 05/04/06 01:19 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
In reply to:

Back on track now, has anyone perchance had or have any of the other speakers I am considering? that can lend objective or subjective input as to what you liked or didn't like about them? Or how you would say they differ form the mentioned Axiom setup? I would be most appreciative. Oh, not sure if I added it to the first post but NHT M6's are also on my list. thank you all that have helped and will help me to continue to learn in this most interesting . . . ummm hobby. Peace

I honestly doubt there would be anyone that has heard all the speakers you have on your list. I know I have not. I have heard quite a few different brands but none of the ones you mention (execpt Axioms of course). Please don't take this the wrong way but to simplify your quest put all the names of all the speakers mentioned on a dart board and give a dart a toss. If you have not or will not be auditioning every speaker you mention it makes absolutly nothing for us to give you our opinions. I highly doubt your hearing and the way your brain processes the sound would be anything like what any of ours do. Any of the speakers on your list would make for an outstanding system. Our taste in the way a speaker sounds is as unique as we are individuals.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#136664 05/04/06 08:48 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
firstly, thanks Tharkun. no worries m8

wid, hehe I like your reply.

some questions and comments.
I used the word ANY , any OR all. That was my way to try to cover anything and pull out ANY info from any one that would like to share their thoughts.

No matter how you meant the "dart board" comment to come across. It made me laugh, honestly. Cause in MANY ways thats just what i have before me. but instead of just picking up the darts and chucking them, I am trying to determine which target to aim my darts, so I CAN WIN the dart game. afterall you have THREE darts to throw, and for me being ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS a dart, I most certainly want to do my best to most fully understand the advantages and disadvantages of each target I may hit.

Bottom line is this: being as I can't audition like those that are stateside can, I am trying to gather as much objective as well as subjective information as possible, about this MAJOR purchase. Personally I think I am taking the best approach to this that one can take.

If there is anyone that can tell me of a better way to go about this , being in my situation, by all means please do tell.

Some may view my questions as ticky tack, or meaningless, when they should be viewed to mean that Axiom's are still high on my list and I want to AGAIN make the most informed purchase decision that I can. Because the fact of the matter is, some company/or companies is going to get my money. I am going to purchase speakers without auditioning them directly.

So, as I see it, my being online and searching for and gathering any and all info I can, from as many sources as I can, on my "dart targets", THIS IS MY AUDITION!

lastly, again, If there is anyone that can tell me of a better way to go about this , being in my situation, by all means please do tell.

#136665 05/04/06 11:02 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Are there no audio shops by you that you could at least get an idea as to what you are looking for in a speaker?

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#136666 05/04/06 11:20 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Stone may have reached the point where he has received all of the useful posts that he will get. I agree with you that the next step would be for him to go audition some speakers.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
#136667 05/04/06 11:54 AM
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Idiot might have been a little strong .It is just my experience that people who use the term "bright" etc. seem to be bassheads.It's all personal taste I guess.I have always loved clean highs and outstanding vocals.I actually was talking about a set of Jamo 407's that I had at the time,to this day the best bookshelf I ever heard.I got conned into swaping them for a 357 Colt trooper and a Ruger 44mag.IMO the Axioms are everything I have been looking for in a speaker made today.I have yet to have anyone not say it is the best system they ever heard and this comes from people with some mighty nice equipment.BTW I liked the M60's well enough that I got rid of my beloved JBL L200B Studio Masters. It wasn't even close.

M60-VP150-M3-EP350
Boston AVR7120
#136668 05/04/06 11:56 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Stone,
are there any B & W dealers where you are? some on this board have compared the m60 to i think their 703 or 803 line.
or if there is any audio shops you can go to to audition some speakers post your comments here. based on that we could at least get an idea of your tastes. if the above is not possible then you are prob going to have to just bite the bullet and order something to find out.
Jake

------------------------------------------------
Leave the gun, Take the canolis.
#136669 05/04/06 12:39 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
From the Factory Outlet:
(2) M80's
(2) QS8'
(1) VP150
(1) EP500

$3087- Home Theater Discount ($154)= $2933. You'll never regret it.

#136670 05/04/06 12:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

lastly, again, If there is anyone that can tell me of a better way to go about this , being in my situation, by all means please do tell.

I don't' think, in your situation, there is a better way to go about this. But, you can only learn so much from the opinions of other.

Here's the good part about your situation. None of the brands you are interested in is "bad." No matter which choice you make, you will be purchasing a quality product, and you chances of being pleased with your purchase are good. However, the bad part about your situation is that, choosing the right one for YOU comes down to your own personal tastes, and none of us can guess what your tastes are. Only YOU know that.

Wid, Rat, and Snakeyes have made a wonderful suggestion. If you have any source near you where you could listen to a few brands of speakers (it doesn't matter which), and then come tell us which brands and models you liked and which you didn't, we might be able to equate the Axiom sound to one, or more, of them, and better judge which of your choices you might enjoy the most. As said, the M60s have often been mentioned as sounding very similar to the B&W 703s, for a whole lot less money.

Short of that, all you can do is gather as much information as you can, weigh that information, go with what your gut is telling you is the right choice, and opt to be content with that choice.

By the way, whichever speaker you chose, I heartily recommend making no judgements until you've listened to them for, at least, a couple of weeks. Give yourself time to acclimate to their sound (or give them time to "break-in," if that's your belief).

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082