Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Axiom now lists V2 on website
#137597 05/08/06 08:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I wouldn't count on it

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
#137598 05/08/06 09:27 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
That was a very good reply Amie. If one cannot understand Axioms stance on research and development after this then it is a lost cause.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#137599 05/09/06 04:08 AM
shareholder in the making
Hmmm this stone man seems to remind me a lot of "slownlo". I wonder if he created a new screen name? His avatar is very similiar as well? Take a chill pill bud.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#137600 05/09/06 11:32 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I have a saying: "you can be whomever you want to be on a chatboard." And, if you don't like who you've become, you just change your alias.

However, I do tend to take things at face value until I find out otherwise. It very well could be that Stone had concerns and was trying to get some information.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV
#137601 05/09/06 12:55 PM
old hand
old hand
Interesting what a little more vim and vigor will do for getting a reaction.

everyone can gather round in a circle and high five now that the vagrant has been kicked to the curb, and smile with glee having chastised him so. NOT!

Some of you have not bothered to read my questions here and in other threads rather your simply gleening my posts for "keys" and putting your own spins on what I have actually said. I suggest you read things completely, not just pulling words and half sentences and turning them, to be able to throw yet another rock my way. you know who you are.

I have stated before I'm not afraid of any of you calling me names or whatever stones you may throw. I wouldn't have asked questions to begin with if I were now would I? Again I do feel sorry for anyone that wants to ask any questions about axiom that some of you may find as a smear against your fair axioms, even if your questions are NOT malicious in intent.

as far as V2, points taken, I'm clear on that now, I'm sorry, I felt I had to take the approach I did to get answers. thanks a lot

vinyls? sorry FOUR of them stock NOT three. my bad.PLEAE ALL bear in mind I'm not trying to be nasty in asking what I have , just trying to see what the difference is,as it makes no sense to me. Based on personal knowledge in a woodshop, and ordering product. of course ordering a larger amount of stains would reduce the cost and buying less cost more, thats a simple principal that should be easy for most to wrap their head around. I always ordered more as it would all be used eventually ALL stains cost ME the same $$$ regardless of "color", that is the basis of my question and where it comes from. after all, I did not charge more for a bookshelf stained American Walnut then I did for one stained Honey Oak for example, the labor cost was EXACTLY the same for them. why on earth I am looked at as EVIL or an Axiom ethics basher ,because I question the WHY of it is very well . . .weird. Am I the only one that questions why one vinyl costs more than another? thats interesting. I'd bet that anyone given samples of each vinyl offered (stock or not) they would be VERY similar in quality if not exactly the same. As I'd "guess" the new vinyls are purchased for the same cost of the others(same size rolls). why wouldn't they be? and with that being said you all now know WHY I ask this question. You are not charged more money if you want Boston Cherry instead of Black Ash. those two would have to be changed in whatever machine or apparatus is used to aid in or do the application of the vinyl. so why the others? again I find it a valid question, and again I find it amazing that I'm the only one to question paying more for a different picture of wood. It just doesn't add up to me , sorry if that offends anyone , offending is not my intention, understand is.

Now for those that thought they could throw sh!t at me and not get it thrown back well, I guess you already know you were wrong. I don't need to point out individuals as anyone with half a brain can pick you out of these threads, twisting what I ask to suit your desires, and casting me in an undesirable light at best and an Axiom hater and ethics basher at worst. So , for any that have an interest DO be mindful of the words that were used by me and them.

A few facts for you all.

FACT, I started out in my hifi search here at axiom , due to the fact axioms were used in audioholics.com's 5000$ budget system. I had NO knowledge, and I got some VERY helpful replies to many of the questions that I posed.

FACT, I got many great, informative and helpful replies here. But I noticed a few things, as I started to learn a little bit, and my questions became more point blank as to if axioms would work for me with regard to them being brite, hot or whatever u may term it to be, my questions were viewed by some as daggers of disdain, rather than what they really were, my honest attempt to better understand fine details and discern if axioms were/are indeed going to work for me with my "ear thing".

FACT, I have a inner ear problem with my left ear *due to a firecracker mishap as a youngin' * that gives me VERY annoying sounds in my ear w/ sounds that have ... an emphsized high end. Many a friend's car systems would affect this "ear thing" I have. some concerts , especially when the crowd goes nuts, would do this to my ear. very annoying. Over time( and with the help of hearing tests) I can tell you that it all has to do with tweeters and high Sound levels. * not that you will care about my special circumstances though, as some see my questioning about axioms being brite as a personal attack against them* BUT . . . in case any do care one way could discribe it to make sense to others would be. Your ears are

FACT is I very much want to love the axioms as much as many of you do, but asking someone to view my "BRITE" questions, in any way but slanderous on my part, seems to be beyond the scope or reason for some of you.

FACT I had a feeling my posting in this thread would "hit home", and I see it has. If questioning axioms being brite would bring out such ugliness on the part of some of you, what would questions do that many just never even think to ask do? that also has gone as expected.

FACT, I do want to know if axioms would work for me with my ear problem. THAT is why I ask the questions regarding the axiom sound siggy and if itll work for ME.

FACT, If any of you want to continue to throw personal stones I will give you a curt retort.

FACT, If you want to help me better understand the axiom sound signature and the + & - of it as it pertains to my personal needs I will be VERY GREATFUL. To help you better understand I've thought of a way to discribe my "ear thing" hope it works to get it across and better understand why this "brite" issue is such a BIG DEAL to me. . .

. . . your ears are loudspeakers and mine has a hosed up tweeter! So the parts of sound that emphasize to you that your tweeter is hosed up are (i think) the same things that emphasize my "ear thing" to me. I'd ALMOST be wiling to bet that what shows off a hosed up tweeter is/are the EXACT freq's that do it to my ear.

For what its worth, I have an ear appointment set for the 'somewhat' near future
and I'll make special note of the areas of my hearing most affected.

So . . . IF anyone finds themselves willing to aid in my quest to see if axioms will work for me send me a PM, I'll share the test findings with you via PM. and that way (using PM) you wont have to fear being seen as the "weak" one of the bunch, or some such, that helped the lowly,pot stirring, vagrant, Stone__Man!

FFT (food for thought)
If you use the correct light lense filter, JUST right, you can reveal BEAUTIFUL spots on a leppard you didn't know it had. . . . Conversely, poke it with a sharp stick and see what spots you reveal.

Peace . . . Out

Stone__Man

I don't spell chk get over it :P

#137602 05/09/06 02:25 PM
axiomite
axiomite

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
#137603 05/09/06 02:28 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Stone, no one minds you asking questions, and all are willing to help. But, you have to consider HOW you are asking those questions. Without intent perhaps, you've stepped on a lot of toes around here.

You seem to imply that only by asking pointed questions are you able to get a response. I sorta feel that you get responses that you don't seem to understand, and hence, keep asking the same questions over and over, each time getting more hostile.

For example.

In reply to:

Am I the only one that questions why one vinyl costs more than another? thats interesting. I'd bet that anyone given samples of each vinyl offered (stock or not) they would be VERY similar in quality if not exactly the same. As I'd "guess" the new vinyls are purchased for the same cost of the others(same size rolls). why wouldn't they be? and with that being said you all now know WHY I ask this question.

This has been explained several times in this thread, yet you still keep hammering away at it. Axiom stocks four vinyl finishes. That means they can order that vinyl IN LARGE QUANTITY, which means they get a substantial quantity discount for those 4 finishes and are able to pass along that discount to purchasers. They do however, as a courtesy, offer a number of other finishes which must be special ordered. Special orders don't qualify for a quantity discount because they are purchased in small quantities, only as needed. Thus, they cost Axiom more than the regularly stocked vinyl, which means they must charge more for speakers in those finishes.

You seem to feel that Axiom should order LARGE QUANTITIES of each and every vinyl and keep them in stock. This would tie up a huge amount of capitol in an inventory that would only be tapped on occasion. It wouldn't be cost effective. Worse, you seem to imply that Axiom is 'stupid" or "dishonest" because they DON'T stock all this vinyl. Surely you understand "special orders" cost more. That's why they are "special."

My beloved Rockets only come in only two standard finishes, and they are discontinuing one of them. Perhaps that's because they are finding it difficult to obtain that veneer. But, perhaps they are doing so because it is the less popular finish, and it hasn't proved cost effective to keep it in stock.

One mistake you've made is to come in here without taking the time to understand the dynamic in play on this forum. What I mean is, you just barged in the door asking harshly phrased questions, got peckish when you didn't get what you consider to be good answers, and kept asking the same questions getting more and more insulting each time. Yes, we are all a little sensitive about the use of the word "bright." Many who dislike the Axiom sound use that word as an insulting, derogatory term to denigrate Axiom speakers. Does it seem unreasonable that we would react defensively to the use of such a pejorative term? Trust me. Had you done a similar thing, i.e. repeatedly refer to Rockets as laid back or muffled, over at the av123 forum, you would have received a similar reaction. I've seen it happen there as well as here.

I'm sorry if you've been offended, but you've offended us. You've insulted Axiom, their product, and the members of the forum. What surprises us is that you seem completely oblivious to that fact, and completely justified in doing so.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#137604 05/09/06 02:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think Jack has made his points well, and perhaps you should do some serious thinking of what he has posted. I for one have read all of your posts on all of the other forums and I'm not just picking out certain things you state here.

#137605 05/09/06 03:18 PM
In this case, the squeaky wheel got a big pot of boiling oil poured on it

instead of being spot treated with an oil can.

#137606 05/09/06 03:20 PM
In this case, the squeaky wheel

got a big pot of boiling oil poured on it

instead of being spot treated with an oil can.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters