Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Funny or offensive?
#138978 05/23/06 04:15 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Appearance is worth only 3 points out of 50.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#138979 05/23/06 04:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
wow...I go away for a few weeks and look what you guys do...

In reply to:

...There is nothing wrong with you hating homosexual acts. That's just how your brain is programmed - to be a heterosexual...

So though I don't hate hetrosexual acts, it would be OK if I did? Just because I'm not interested in having sex with women doesn't mean it's vile and disgusting and make me want to leave the room screaming if (errr...WHEN I see it on TV)

I've got a bunch more of this thread to read yet...I'm sure I'll be back with more.

#138980 05/23/06 04:30 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

Not that I need to thrown in my opinion here, but I don't really think mdrew meant to step on any toes. It's just that his use of the word "queer" was politically incorrect which he has apologized for. He obviously knew the movie was about two gay men before he started watching it, and if he was so homophobic, he wouldn't have even considered it in the first place. He's not alone being uncomfortable with the first tent scene. Personally, I loved the scene, but I'm a gal . But even so, it was totally unexpected and even pointless. It happened so suddenly with barely a hint of seduction or even sexual tension. It was simply a total act of lust and made the story confusing in my opinion. I didn't see any passion between these men (at the beginning of the movie) to convince me they were actually head over heels in "love" when they left eachother on Brokeback Mountain.

His use of the word "disgusting" was far more offensive to me then "queer".

I also agree that the scene was ill timed, and abrubt. Though, they were following the short story quite closely. Heck...most of the movie was lame.

#138981 05/23/06 04:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Oh...btw. Great photo. I agree with Peter's comment about the dark shadow down the middle. And the Brokeback comment would make me chuckle lightly, but make me wonder why on earth it would be referenced in a Killians Red advert.

#138982 05/23/06 05:03 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
<<<<why on earth it would be referenced in a Killians Red advert.>>>>

Hey Craig:
It may not have been clear, but because it's my intentions to re-shoot it, and when I do so, it'll have a "cowboy theme".... Not as simple for a New Englander to pull off as if I had put the beer on a dock with a Trawler and Lobsters in the background!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#138983 05/23/06 11:11 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I found the scene outrageous. I mean, engaging in sex acts during work hours with your co-worker?! oh, the humanity!
~Jaime

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
#138984 05/24/06 02:08 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Initially I found the picture to be slightly humorous, but probably in bad taste. I also didn't understand what Killian's had to do with Brokeback Mountain. But, then it quickly degenerated into something mean, hateful, and just plain wrong. As the forum's only aging Pinko, apparently, I can say that this thread has made me sick to my stomach. I didn't believe what I was reading. But, it won't matter what I say or think, because I'm just that old liberal, he said sarcastically. It almost makes me want to sell my Axioms and buy Celestian's or JBLs or Bose even. I think that Amie should close this thread. Hate words don't belong on an Axiom message board. The way this thread has progressed and the acceptance of unacceptable viewpoints has repulsed me. But, none of this matters. Ater all, it's ok to dislike gays, blacks, and illegal immigrants. It's just the aging, pinkos who seem to be upset. No one else seems to mind.

#138985 05/24/06 02:56 PM
OP Offline
I minded too, but I won't switch speakers or leave the forum because of the thoughts of a few.

I'm certainly fine with the thread being removed.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#138986 05/24/06 03:37 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
This will be my last response to this thread and last time viewing it. I’ve decided that I won’t be visiting the Axiom boards much anymore. Part of that decision had to do with what was said here, but the bulk of the decision is time management. My son’s growing up too quickly and I’ve got too many irons in the fire to be “wasting” time screwing around on internet discussion groups. Just yesterday I missed one of my boy’s ball games because I wasted two hours of my day that I had to make up later. But, things that were said here were the proverbial straw. – and I’m not about to say it wasn’t my own damn fault or doing either. Another factor is that these boards have changed over the past few months. The atmosphere is not nearly as friendly and curious and it once was. It’s just not much fun conversing here anymore. This WC board may be part of that problem too. Too many controversial topics get brought up hear. Maybe the sight should consider setting up some ground rules for the WC? Like, no political or religious topics? Just a thought……..There’s too many hyena’s here too. When someone gets a slap for saying something they shouldn’t have, the hyena’s come running to partake in the festivities with gleeful enthusiasm. Hyenas by themselves are harmless cowards, but together in a pack, they are merciless. When someone’s down, what good does it do to keep kicking him/her?

So that being said, take what I have to write as you will.

Spif,

Again, I am sorry for my inappropriate choice of words. You’ve never been anything but kind and courteous and I am embarrassed by my inconsiderate behavior and pathetically poor choice of words. I can try and make excuses all day, but in the end, it simply wasn’t right to say (type) them in a public atmosphere. I knew “queer” was wrong shortly after I wrote it, and when I logged back on to edit my post, it was too late. –the damage was already done. With my ignorance on the PC side of this topic, I doubt my second choice would have been much better either, but maybe I’d have gotten lucky. I’m also sorry that you find my “disgusting” comment offensive. I’m not going to change that stance though. Man on Man sex does disgust me and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I still can’t eat pees or brussel sprouts no matte how hard I try. Probably shouldn’t have said it, but I did and can’t take it back. What’s done is done. For the forth time now, sorry. It’s up to you to decide if I’m sincere or not.

Peter,

You asked, so I’ll tell you. Where did the angry comment come from? You are consistently amicable and gregarious with the click you belong to on these boards. You guys (and you all know who you are) are constantly throwing cute posts around at each other. It is no surprise that none of them see you as angry or anything but their ‘bud’. You are also pleasant and somewhat helpful for the most part to others on these boards not in your little group. But (there’s always a but), to others, you can be a real jerk. Some of the things you say are downright rude and hateful. Just take a look at some of the comments you have thrown at Jinx. He’s an irritating fella to say the least, but he most certainly did not deserve the bulk of the comments thrown at him by you. And you are not the only one doing this either. That’s another topic of its own that I’d like to address but won’t (more on the hyena’s).

You said things personally directed to me several months ago in that “surrender thread” that I still have not gotten over. Not only did you direct them to me without provocation, you also sided with Bren with what he had to say to me. What Bren said to me is unforgivable and I’ll hold him in contempt for what he said to me till the day I die. You never, never accuse a veteran with an honorable discharge of treason. Never. And you never question his/her patriotism. Both are things that you and Bren said to me. I remember it quite vividly.

I’m not saying I’m a great guy be any means, because I am not. I do know and recognize my faults though. I am always aware of how much of an ass I can be with what I say/write – and do try to not be an ass. Sometimes I screw up and say/write something stupid that I end up regretting and have to make apologies. You do not. You just continue on as if the one you offended threw the first punch.

Believe me or not, I do not care. I have nothing to gain or loose by saying these things, so you can either listen and try to learn from them, or not.

I’ll be editing my first tasteless post. I’ve left it alone this long only so that some of the board hyena’s can not twist my words any further that they already have.

#138987 05/24/06 04:45 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

What Bren said to me is unforgivable and I’ll hold him in contempt for what he said to me till the day I die. You never, never accuse a veteran with an honorable discharge of treason. Never. And you never question his/her patriotism.

con - tempt :
1 The feeling or attitude of regarding someone or something as inferior, base, or worthless; scorn.
2 The state of being despised or dishonored; disgrace.
3 Open disrespect or willful disobedience of the authority of a court of law or legislative body.

As for being a veteran, I'm not about to coo and purr about your previous employment or build up some sort of false reverence about you because your paycheque used to come from the government. A lot of people do what they think are important things, for some it's with a carbine, with others it's a clipboard.

Bren R.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020