Re: Home Theatre Questions
#1414 02/10/02 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right, it was unfair of me, I apologize. However, the root of the question was whether or not I could purchase the blemished speakers, regardless of what kind of discount, at the local shop, or if I had to go through them. I'm not trying to put anyone in any sort of precarious situation, I am merely trying to find out where I have to go. By the way, I was not asking Ian to honour anything, I was asking him about my local store, which in hindsight was rather silly but perhaps he could have offered some sort of insight. It's not about sales pitches or trying to worm the best price humanly possible out of anyone, it's about getting the right setup for the right room at a fair price, period.

#1415 02/10/02 03:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, if you read your post, price is the main point you are driving at, regardless of who you pointed to.

I think dealers can offer blem's, if the order them. I wonder if they get deeper discounts than the online price? After all, they have to make profit too!

Rick

#1416 02/11/02 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were to read all the posts in chronological order, you would see that my main concern was which speakers to match with what surrounds, etc. Ian was kind enough to go a step beyond and try to come up with a package that would suit my budget. He asked me how much I had to work with and I told him. If asking him questions that me may or may not be able to answer about a package that was NOT affordable for me originally is a crime, well then myself and half of the free world should be arrested for trying to get what they want AT A FAIR PRICE, I'm not asking for a donation here, I realize that these companies have to make money. If I have come across as some swindler that's trying to squeeze something out of someone, I'm sorry you feel that way, it truly is unfortunate (coming from someone that works in the retail field as well).

#1417 02/13/02 03:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm interested, as well, in the opinions of others about the Marantz SR4200, Harman Kardon AV12o and I'd also like to throw in the Onkyo TX-DS595.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters