Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Here's a teaser of the home theatre...
inthedeck #143140 07/08/06 12:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Looks good 'Deck, as mentioned above I also bet that 600 rocks your place. I believe you did a fine job of concealing the speaker wire which can be difficult at best if not done in-wall, and speaking of speaker wire, what size wire are you using? The speaker finish goes very with your environment.

Nice '54 ... I'd really love to have the real McCoy, or better yet a '55!

Rick
Our Room

smile
inthedeck #143141 07/09/06 04:19 PM
old hand
old hand
Nice setup and 600 looks huge and should do the job. What other 'stuff' do you have? Receiver etc.?

Larry

snakeyes #143142 07/10/06 03:03 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Your Canon can make model cars???

I only wish... but the pictures that it can take is awesome...when used with the correct lens.

RickF #143143 07/10/06 03:11 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Looks good 'Deck, as mentioned above I also bet that 600 rocks your place. I believe you did a fine job of concealing the speaker wire which can be difficult at best if not done in-wall, and speaking of speaker wire, what size wire are you using? The speaker finish goes very with your environment.

Nice '54 ... I'd really love to have the real McCoy, or better yet a '55!

Hey BB, yeah, a 55 would be great...and too bad this one is just a 'model' and not real.

As for speaker wire, it's 12 guage, O2 free copper wire. Pretty thick, and the plastic outer shielding is pretty thick too. I have a friend that works at Best Buy...so he got me a pretty decent price on 100 feet of the stuff and a sub cable (regularly marked at 40 bucks a roll for the speaker cable, and 79.99 for the Monster sub cable). I got it all for 67 bucks...plus 3 dollar tip. Can't beat the price, for all that (...or at least, I couldn't).

As for the finish, just got lucky with the floors...just happened to work out that way. I like it...and hopefully, in a year, when we move again (or maybe stay here, for another year) we shall see what happens.

Thanks for the comments.

LHawes #143144 07/10/06 03:19 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Nice setup and 600 looks huge and should do the job. What other 'stuff' do you have? Receiver etc.?

Larry

As for the complete list...here goes:

EP600, M80's, 4 QS8's, VP150.
HK AVR 7300.
Xbox 360, Sony DVD Player(kinda outdated), a Sony 5 CD Changer (again, kinda old - i.e. no 5.1 channel output, just analog), and a VCR (which I don't even know why I have anymore...
The TV is a 32" Polaroid LCD capable of 1080i, and VGA support, HDMI, etc.

I might upgrade the DVD player, but don't feel it's worth it. If MS decides to release an HD-DVD drive, in the future, I might consider it. I mean, I am still getting used to the clarity of an HD TV, to be quite honest. It's nice to have...doesn't take up much space, is easy to move around (at 40 lbs.) and didn't cost as much as a larger screen. Basically, for now, it suits my needs...

The room also has 3 main 'chairs' which aren't in the pictures yet. Two are leather recliner chairs, with ottomans (got them from Costco) and one papasan, with ottoman (for the soon to be wife).

Everything sounds great...and per Bridgman's advice, I moved the 600 out of the middle, moved the mains a little closer together. Then, I basically completed the sub crawl, and the sub sounds fantastic now. It's in the left corner of the room, and the bass changed dramatically, as comared to where it was, as shown in the picture.

Sorry...this is kinda longwinded...hehe. I will try to keep it to a minimum.

see ya,
i.

inthedeck #143145 07/11/06 02:26 AM
aficionado
aficionado
that sub must move your skin in that space....nice
btw.nice PRS. what amp do you have?

inthedeck #143146 07/11/06 12:41 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Jar Jar saysa meesa love Home Theater pics!

Nice place you have there! I like the color of the Axioms and how they go with the wood floor.

Back in college, one of the guys told us he was going to the dorm dance with Elizabeth Ann Canon and that she was really cool and could do a lot of things. Later he revealed that he went stag, as the dorm photographer, with his EA Canon...

Thanks for sharing!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
rcvecc #143147 07/11/06 02:42 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

that sub must move your skin in that space....nice
btw.nice PRS. what amp do you have?

Thanks. I don't have an amp...but the receiver is an HK AVR7300.

As for the room, it's not 'that' small. It looks small, because I took the picture from the middle of the room. The room itself, I would say, is about 12x20x8 or 12x22x8 (haven't really measured it).

And yes, now that I moved the sub to the outer left wall, it makes a HUGE difference. Talk about LFE!!!

Quote:

Jar Jar saysa meesa love Home Theater pics!

Nice place you have there! I like the color of the Axioms and how they go with the wood floor.

Back in college, one of the guys told us he was going to the dorm dance with Elizabeth Ann Canon and that she was really cool and could do a lot of things. Later he revealed that he went stag, as the dorm photographer, with his EA Canon...

Thanks for sharing!

Funny...the story of the EAC.

Once I set the room up a bit more (yes, I am almost done unpacking) I will take more pics. I finally put up the posters, etc. on the wall...but don't have enough of them to fill the room up (remember, I moved from a smaller space ).

Thanks for the kind words, nonetheless. And yes, the wood floor is definately nice, and is basically throughout the whole house -- man, I hate carpet!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters