Subwoofer Servo Technology
#144941 08/07/06 08:11 PM
P
peterb Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
P
Axiom may ber aware of a engineer Brian Ding and his tiny startup company called Rythmik Audio out of Austin Texas. He markets a unique subwoofer technology called direct servo. Among the DIY community Rythmik seems to have an outstanding reputation. And although I'm far from an electrical engineer, after reviewing his web site rythmikaudio.com I'm thoroughly impressed by the simplicity and elegance of his design.

I am sure Axiom could license this technology for a song (Ian are you listening???).

It's somewhat of a alternate technology, I think it could provide some excellent synergy with the DSP approach used in the 500/600. In fact it seems more sophisticated that static DSP in that it provides real-time servo feeback and by all accounts provides serious distortion reduction and extended frequency response.

And no I don't have the slightest connection to Rythmik, monetary or otherwise.

Re: Subwoofer Servo Technology
peterb #144942 08/08/06 01:06 AM
old hand
old hand
Quote:

And no I don't have the slightest connection to Rythmik, monetary or otherwise.

Really? With that post I'm surprised.

Professional Axiom Lurker
mrnomas #144943 08/08/06 02:14 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Yeah, he only has 2 posts so far. One about an Outlaw, and the other this "plead" to Ian.

Welcome to the forum Peter. I am sure that Ian and Alan are all over the audio technology, and they probably hear of new technology before any of us do as well. Then they probably weed through the good and the bad, and design their own goods. But then again, I get no gain from Axiom (the company) monetary or otherwise...

Farewell - June 4, 2020
peterb #144944 08/08/06 07:29 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Quote:

Among the DIY community Rythmik seems to have an outstanding reputation.

Among the DIY community, speaker wire stands and feng shui pebbles have an outstanding reputation.

Bren R.

BrenR #144945 08/08/06 09:12 AM
veteran
veteran
It does look like this rythmik guy is on the avsforums, and there have been some good response to what he's doing. Like others said, I'm sure that the pros know what they are doing.

DIY bass trap I just finished. I'm getting to be really good with this audio stuff.

Last edited by DrunkenWolf; 08/08/06 09:18 AM.
DrunkenWolf #144946 08/08/06 10:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Wolf, are you catching large mouth or small mouth bass with that trap?

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
BrenR #144947 08/08/06 01:19 PM
P
peterb Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
P
Sorry guys. I thought this was a technical forum - my mistake.

peterb #144948 08/08/06 01:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
It is a technical forum, but again, look at it from our point of view. A new guy pops in, talks up a new type of technology that at least most of us have never heard of (thus the reason you posted, to share information, and thank you for that). Your tone and content of your message sounds like an advertisement, which is what this forum tries to steer away from. This isn't AVS. Good people over there, but a lot of bad apples as well.

Axiom forums have been known for being open and friendly, and when posts are made that seem to want to steer it down the dark path of some of the AVS forums, you will see some resistance. Also, in defense of the others. BrenR has a dry sense of humor (I like it). DrunkenWolf is new, sort of, around here, and he is just trying to add humor. It isn't a slam against you at all.

You will not find another audio (and visual for that matter) forum on the web with a stronger sense of community and light-hearted enjoyment for the A/V world than Axiom's. Give it a little time, and build up your reputation before coming across as someone scouring the web looking for forums to post a message that sounds like an "ad", and you will fit in just fine.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #144949 08/08/06 02:31 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Great Post, Nick.

Peter, you are most welcome here, and I hope you've not been offended. Try to understand that every now and then we get new posters whose only aim is to hype a product or service.

Having just become acquainted with Rhythmik (I assume that's Brian using that screen name) in a subwoofer shootout thread over at AVS, and being being pleased, so far, with his posting style, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'll assume you meant only to inform us of something new you find interesting and exciting. I hope you'll understand that it's not easy for us to be certain that is the case.

Regarding Bren, you'll find his sense of humor to be an acquired taste. However, once acquired, it can be a constant source of amusement (and sometimes, amazement ).

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Ajax #144950 08/08/06 02:42 PM
P
peterb Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
P
Alright, alright, I reread my post and I did sound like a some cheesy company rep masquerading as a spontaneous loyalist. But trust me, somebody like Rythmik probably can't afford ANY marketing and if he blows his fledgling reputation with sleazy posts he's permanently sunk.

Also about the licensing angle, I am totally disinterested other than I'd like to see more technically advanced Axiom products come to market, and hey, I thinks it's cool when the small entrepreneurial inventor makes good.

Anyhow.... I was hoping to find someone who actually knows something about physics and electrical engineering who could discuss why Axiom went DSP when low cost servo technology is available.

P.S. I've never seen the AVS forum - what's the deal with them?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters