Page 1 of 2 1 2
VaSallo M-60's arrived! lots of pics
#146074 08/23/06 02:53 AM
E
buff
OP Offline
buff
E
My M-60's in Cherry/Chestnut/Semi-Gloss arrived today, not 5 weeks after I ordered them. They are beautiful and sound awesome!

Look at the cool boxes that the accessories came in! Very cool. Rufus and I were both very impressed:

Instruction Manual in fake, but nice looking, leather:

Now for the frustrating parts:

I opened the first box and was greeted by a very noticeable chip in the wood! This on the bottom, but still very dissapointing to say the least..

The first time I pulled the grill off, this happened (yes, more frustration! No big deal, but c'mon this thing is cheap). Why does Axiom use such low quality grills?!?!? Look a couple pics above at my left speaker (the side view), and you can see the grill "bowing" outward- it doesn't even sit flush. Flimsy and weak.. I have many Axiom speakers and I know how flimsy these are and am careful, yet this still happened:

What is now my right speaker also has a little chip on top, and I can not only see it, but feel it. It's hard to see in this picture, but look in the middle on top- slightly toward the front. It's a little chip nicked out of the wood. Very small- but FRUSTRATING!

My M-22s sound quite close to the M-60s at low volumes. The M-60s sound "bigger", and of course their size becomes more noticeable the louder it gets, but the M-22s sounded just a step below them when integrated with a nice subwoofer.

Here's my "old" setup (I'll use the M-22s as rear speakers in a 7.1 setup, but for now they will perform bedroom duty until I move):

Re: VaSallo M-60's arrived! lots of pics
ElTorrente #146075 08/23/06 03:03 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Wow, the finish on those speakers are awesome, and they go great with your setup, good choice.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
ElTorrente #146076 08/23/06 03:05 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Nice speaks! Got any pics of the nameplate on the back?

About the grilles, I noticed that while the newer design is nicer, the way it attaches to the speaker. The tab thing on the grill would be easy to break off, and yes it looked like they were just hot glued in. No complaints as I am very carefull with my audio stuff so it should never break. They will probbly send you a new grill. Too bad about the chips in the finish.

HomeDad #146077 08/23/06 03:07 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Good Gawd, those are gorgeous!!! Congrats man! I know what I'll be upgrading to soon.

ElTorrente #146078 08/23/06 03:12 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Very nice looking speakers and I'm sure they sound great. In regards to the grills, most of us have not had your experience. In the 2 years I've had my 7.1 Axiom setup I've never had a single problem and have removed my grills often. For the few people that have had issues with their grills, normally Axiom has no problems making it right.

I'm not familiar if custom finishes are available in the Factory Outlet or not, so I'm not sure how yours were ordered.

It is rare that people find any cosmetic problems, even via the factory outlet, which is possible, but again, not the norm.

I would recommend calling Axiom versus placing pictures. I'm sure they will work with you. I would hate to see newbies starting rumors over on AVS based on these few pics. Again, the norm is that most of the speakers have no flaws.

Good luck

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #146079 08/23/06 03:36 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I had no idea what a cherry/chestnut speaker was until looking at the Custom Wood Studio page. It is Cherry wood with a Chestnut stain, finished in semi gloss. A nice looking combination for sure.

If these are brand new, A-stock speakers, I would give Axiom a call in the morning and explain the situation. They look awesome, but no way that I could get over a couple of blemishes like that. I'm sure they'll take care of you with their great customer service.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

Haoleb #146080 08/23/06 03:37 AM
E
buff
OP Offline
buff
E
Quote:

Nice speaks! Got any pics of the nameplate on the back?

About the grilles, I noticed that while the newer design is nicer, the way it attaches to the speaker. The tab thing on the grill would be easy to break off, and yes it looked like they were just hot glued in. No complaints as I am very carefull with my audio stuff so it should never break. They will probbly send you a new grill. Too bad about the chips in the finish.

Here you go:

Yeah, I've had Axiom's for a few years now and own M3s, M2s, M22s, QS8s, and now of course M-60s. I've never had any problems with the grills- I figured maybe some people had problems because they were too ham-fisted or something.

Quote:

I'm not familiar if custom finishes are available in the Factory Outlet or not, so I'm not sure how yours were ordered.

It is rare that people find any cosmetic problems, even via the factory outlet, which is possible, but again, not the norm.

I ordered them brand-new and paid full price. After reading about other people's experiences with B-stock items, I thought that these qualified for that designation, because most people report very small nicks or scratches that I assume are like mine.

I'm not usually the complaining type. I don't want to make a big stink about a couple nicks, but I DID pay some good money for these and I didn't expect any nicks at all. The boxes arrived in great shape and were undamaged, so it happened before they were shipped.

I'll get over it though.. I'm just nit-picking, really. I love these and am enjoying them immensely. They will be the bookends of my HT for many years to come.

ElTorrente #146081 08/23/06 07:33 AM
veteran
veteran
So are you really John Walker? If not, can I be Ezra Brooks?

DrunkenWolf #146082 08/23/06 10:38 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ahh the tag is just like the one on my custom shop ones.. I thought that for the vassalo series maybe they had like an engraved metal tag or something.

ElTorrente #146083 08/24/06 01:03 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Wow, those are gorgeous loudspeakers. Those will class up any room. I can't adequately put into words how much I like them. They look like they belong in a museum!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
ElTorrente #146084 08/24/06 07:04 PM
local
local
When my M80's arrived they had a couple of nicks on them, but since they are black a Sharpie fixed that right up. Now you can't even find the nicks without running your hand over them. They were new too. I should have got factory outlets in hindsight, but no big deal really.

Looks like it might be Sharpie time for you too. Not real bad damage but still annoying for sure. Demand a discount or some free accessories.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's
biggsly5000 #146085 08/25/06 01:24 AM
E
buff
OP Offline
buff
E
Quote:

Looks like it might be Sharpie time for you too. Not real bad damage but still annoying for sure. Demand a discount or some free accessories.

I will probably dab the spot on top with a sharpie or something similar, I'm not sure yet.

As far as demanding a discount or free accessories, I really don't know what is going to happen. I've been E-mailing with Amie, and she wanted me to send a higher resolution image of the nick on top. I sent more pictures of it in higher resolution last night, but I didn't hear back from her today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters