Print Thread
Rate Thread
Panny AX100 w/ Black Fusion Screen
#151718 11/20/06 04:47 PM
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
Hello,

I am thinking about pulling the triger on a AX100 purchase, but I was wondering about the size of screen
that i can get with a 14' wall to wall measurement.

Also what about the xtreme fusion black screen, has there be any comparisions between it and any other screen in a
room with outside light?
Thanks
Dave

Re: Panny AX100 w/ Black Fusion Screen
Parrothead #151719 11/20/06 06:21 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
The distance you sit from the screen and the projector throw distance are what determines your screen size, not the projector, usually. More often than not, the projector will shoot an image larger than what you should have on your wall. Some folks like a huge screen, some folks prefer it on the small size. Typical rule of thumb is to be sitting 1.5 X's the screen width away from the screen. IE: 8' wide screen.....sit back 12'.

Another aspect to this is screen height. For me, I had trouble viewing a 80 X 45 image and I'm sitting 12' away. I just switched to a 96 X 41 image and my eyes do not get tired at all. Before, after a couple hours watching a movie, my eyes would hurt. Even though the new screen is 16" wider, it's 4" shorter in height. That 4" made a huge difference to me.

So really, this decision needs to be made by you and what you are comfortable watching (image size). I would not be concerned about the Panny 100 at all. It will not be your limiting factor and it's a great projector. If you ask the question "how big should I go" on any of the boards, you will get replies from folks who will tell you 1X's the width all the way to folks who like it 2X's the width. And then there's THX recommendations too.

I'd suggest you find a projector somewhere and move your chair in / out from the image and find out what's comfortable to you. Once you figure this out, take a look at the projector specs and compare them to the throw distance you will have (distance from projector to the screen).

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044