AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, onn), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403268 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11146
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153876 - 12/20/06 01:56 PM Re: Lets talk about HT screens [Re: michael_d]
Bayne Offline
local

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quote:

With technology changing as fast as it does, you'd be better off thinking of projectors as consumables. About two years is all you'll get before it's time for an upgrade.

Screens however don't change much. They are there for the life of several projectors. That at least was my personal justification for spending the money on a Stewart. Plus, I want to open the shades once in a while and come out 'into the light' or turn on a lamp. You just can't do that with any typical screen and still enjoy the image.

I paid double the cost of a Carada BW screen for my Stewart Firehawk, which is about half its list price. You just have to shop around and find a dealer that will work with you. I absolutely love this screen. The colors are so vibrant it's like being there. HD movies are 3-D realistic and I'm only running 720P.

I agree that a good screen will last you. I was originally going to go with Stewart, but after reading several reviews comparing the Carada BW with the much more expensive Stewart, I decided to save my money for a 1080p projector upgrade in a year or so.

#153877 - 12/21/06 01:11 AM Re: Lets talk about HT screens [Re: Worfzara]
jorge016 Offline
local

Loc: Minnesota
After much research into screens-I painted a piece of plastic wallboard with a couple of base coats of Behr Silverscreen paint, followed by a top coat a 1:1:.25 mixture of Silverscreen-Behr Pearl Opulescence-Polyurethane. For less than 60 bucks I've got a fixed silver/gray screen that (with my Optoma H31) gives a great picture in far from optimum conditions. If you're up to a DIY project I highly recommend doing a little research and painting yourself-we're really satisfied with our screen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.