AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13326 Members
11 Forums
22918 Topics
405131 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13339
CV 11235
MarkSJohnson 10938
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158015 - 02/14/07 12:32 AM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: great accoustic guitar duo [Re: CV]
pmbuko Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I received my copy today, too. I haven't had a chance to listen to more than than first two tracks on the Axioms, but I really liked what I heard.

#158016 - 02/14/07 03:03 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: great accoustic guitar duo [Re: pmbuko]
dllewel Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Utah, USA
I'm glad to hear you guys have liked it. After initially listening to the entire album a couple of times on the Axioms, I'm hooked. I can't get many of the tunes out of my head. I love the driving, upbeat rythms and great melodies. Amazing that 95% of what you are hearing is just the 2 of them on Accoustic guitar (no drums, no bass)- and it is recorded in live takes. I think I heard the only song that has an overdub is Orion.

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/

#158017 - 02/14/07 03:08 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: great accoustic guitar duo [Re: dllewel]
pmbuko Offline

I listened to the CD on my way in to work this morning. It was a long 7 miles on an icy road, but the music kept me grooving.

#158018 - 02/14/07 06:09 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: great accoustic guitar duo [Re: pmbuko]
Hutzal Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Hollywood. (Canadian @ <3)
ummmm ya...

Gotta get this cd now...

#158019 - 02/15/07 07:33 AM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar duo [Re: dllewel]
davidsch Offline
aficionado

Loc: Houston, Texas
I always like getting good recommendations for music of a genre that I have yet to venture into. I bought this CD/DVD yesterday and love it! Thanks for the recommendation Dave!

#158020 - 02/15/07 08:46 AM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar d [Re: davidsch]
pmbuko Offline

I'm pretty sure none of us has experienced this genre before since they pretty much defined it.

#158021 - 02/15/07 10:00 AM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar duo [Re: dllewel]
MarkSJohnson Offline

Loc: Central NH
Now I've added it to my reminders/wishlist also.

I just couldn't take the peer pressure!

#158022 - 02/15/07 03:54 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar duo [Re: MarkSJohnson]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Freaking Amazing. I had my head 4 inches from the computer screen trying to watch the gals hand movements and figure out what the hell she was doing and how she did it all at once.

I'll be shopping for this CD.

#158023 - 02/15/07 04:37 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar d [Re: pmbuko]
pmbuko Offline

This CD is audio crack. Beware. You cannot stop listening to it.

#158024 - 02/15/07 05:28 PM Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela: a great accoustic guitar d [Re: pmbuko]
dllewel Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Utah, USA
Quote:

I'm pretty sure none of us has experienced this genre before since they pretty much defined it.

Peter- I agree 100%. There's nothing else quite like this out there. They are just outstanding musicians and I simply enjoy the energy in the music. Same reason I like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.
Quote:

This CD is audio crack. Beware. You cannot stop listening to it.

No doubt! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote:

Freaking Amazing. I had my head 4 inches from the computer screen trying to watch the gals hand movements and figure out what the hell she was doing and how she did it all at once.

Murph- Check out the tutorial on the bonus DVD. It's done pretty well and she demonstrates the technique slowly so you can see it. That triplet strum is awesome. After understanding what she is actually doing, I am all the more awestruck by her talent. There is no way to really see it via the youtube videos, just too small and I don't think the framerate is fast enough to see it anyways.

Quote:

I always like getting good recommendations for music of a genre that I have yet to venture into. I bought this CD/DVD yesterday and love it! Thanks for the recommendation Dave!

You're welcome David. More than happy to share and glad you are enjoying it.

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.