Choosing the right speaker
#158 07/03/01 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been listening to speakers for about 4 months now and have failed to find the right speaker for me. I have psb mini's for front and an Acoustic Energy Aegis Center and old JBL for the rear. I have just started reading reviews and post about Axiom speakers. I live in the US so there is no place to audition a pair of Axiom speakers. I am most interested in the M60, M80, VP150, and a pair of surround speakers. I listen mostly to rock and classical and a lot of movies. The apartment I live in is fairly large. I was just wondering how these speakers sound compared to what I already have? I am just trying to find the best value for the money and am trying to explore all of my options. I was also wondering how the VP150 sounds? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Choosing the right speaker
#159 07/15/01 11:35 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Thanks for your inquiry into the Axiom products. Certainly the products you are looking at in our line will be a vast improvement over your current loudspeakers. This is not because your current loudspeakers are poorly designed but rather you are moving from the entry level models to some very serious loudspeakers. The M80, VP150 combination with QS8s for surrounds would best suite your application. The M60s will give you the same performance as the M80s except they cannot play as loud. The M80s have a simply unbelievable ability to deliver clean, accurate, and dynamic reproduction at very high levels. If this is not of particular concern for yourself then the M60s would be a more logical choice. I would also suggest using the VP100 center if you do decide on the M60s, but staying with the QS8s for the surround channels.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616