Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: measure twice, cut once!
Hutzal #161576 03/15/07 01:48 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Robb, a few inches won't make a significant difference, so don't worry about it. For what it's worth, that's about what I arrived at for the height of my M22s after I got them five years ago. A specially designed variable height speaker stand was employed(stacks of old Stereo Review magazines; they sounded better than Time or Newsweek)and that's what was arrived at. My impression was that being slightly above the tweeter axis was a bit better than slightly below.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #161577 03/15/07 01:48 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well, if JohnK says its ok, then I guess its ok!

Thanks John, i wasn't really sure if those 3 extra inches would make a difference I could notice. If I decide to get a riser in the future, I'll probably raise them up 5 or so inches so the back row has a decent sound. For now I will leave them.

I got all my stuff downstairs up and running!! I had a corner setup upstairs before moving it downstairs...now its on the short wall, it sounds very crisp, moreso than upstairs, I am so used to the sound upstairs that now that it is downstairs I feel that it doesn't sound right. I borrowed an SPL meter to check my YPAO settings, and they were all pretty much bang on, including distances, with exception of the sub which was 5db to low.

Just to confirm, set the volume for "0" on the receiver and then calibrate to 75db right?

Can't wait to mount that M3 above the screen...hopefully I will have pics of my temporary sheet screen and speakers after this weekend. I actually had my 27" TV setup right beside the sub last night, after calibrating I tested the master and commander battle scene, every time the sub went off my 27" went weird with lines on the screen...the EP500 is so powerfull it needs to be moved as far from CRT screens as possible

Last edited by Hutzal; 03/15/07 01:52 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Hutzal #161578 03/15/07 05:27 PM
C
ctk Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Quote:

I actually had my 27" TV setup right beside the sub last night, after calibrating I tested the master and commander battle scene, every time the sub went off my 27" went weird with lines on the screen...the EP500 is so powerfull it needs to be moved as far from CRT screens as possible

Better hope no one you know has a pacemaker

Play it loud...
ctk #161579 03/22/07 04:23 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Quote:

I actually had my 27" TV setup right beside the sub last night, after calibrating I tested the master and commander battle scene, every time the sub went off my 27" went weird with lines on the screen...the EP500 is so powerfull it needs to be moved as far from CRT screens as possible

Better hope no one you know has a pacemaker

heh heh, I once had a 2.3 GHz wireless connection from my computer to the receiver in the living room. Worked not too bad until you turned on the microwave. It then made horrendous noises. Scary! The microwave coincidently had the fan stop working a couple of weeks later. The replacement didn't interfere at all. I'm hoping it was strictly electrical interference and that my healthy glow starts to fade in the dark real soon.

Last edited by Murph; 03/22/07 04:24 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #161580 03/22/07 04:28 PM
Hutzal Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
actually, now that you mention it, the EP500, the RX-V659, AND the CRT TV were all plugged into the same 15A outlet.

I am convinced now that that was the reason for the lines on the screen, the EP500 was just taking power from the line every time it was firing.

Now that I have the rest of my basement set up like I want it, I have the EP500 on a dedicated 15A, the reciever on another 15A, and the projector on yet another separate 15A.

Everything is working like it should

-Hutz

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457