Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pre/pro combo with Axioms & other concerns--LO
Toddzilla #164548 04/11/07 05:27 PM
M
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Sorry to be the one to pop your bubble….. but, I was looking at the NAD Master Series when they first came out. Unfortunately, they only switch HMDI audio, they do not process it. You better give NAD a call.

Currently, the only pre / pro on the market that actually processes HDMI audio is the Anthem AMV-40, 50 and D2. The AMV-50 and D2 also incorporate a very nice video processor, but I believe they are simply overpriced and you can find stand alone VP’s, plus the AMV-40 for less.

I would wait until you are ready to buy your separates. By that time there should be more on the market to choose from that actually process audio. Denon is rumored to be releasing some separates with HMDI 1.3 that might be worth waiting for.

MarkSJohnson #164549 04/11/07 06:35 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
Mark, both are very good.

The 96 G3 has Eric Johnson (I've seen him live twice) and Steve Vai (great version of "For The Love of God" on this one) and the jam has all three guys doing Zappa's "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama". Great disc.

The G3 Denver has Yngwie Malmsteen (AKA Wee-Wee) and Steve Vai again. I like Joe's set better on this disc, but the jam is GREAT!! "Rockin' In The Free World", "Little Wing" (w/ Vai on vocals), and "Voodoo Child" (w/ Yngwie on vocals). "Little Wing" is probably my favorite of the three songs in the jam. There is a solo at the end where all three guys are playing a great harmony and Mr. Vai does a bend at the 24th fret that just about brings tears to your eyes. Another great disc, but different enough from the other that I'm glad I have both.

Buy them--you won't be sorry.

Interesting that the NAD only switches HDMI audio. Thanks for the heads-up--I'll do some more research. Anthem would top my list if it weren't for price. Even the AVM50 would be sufficient--the Statement Series stuff is way beyond my budget.

Thanks again guys.

Toddzilla #164550 04/11/07 09:54 PM
R
old hand
old hand
R
DT's "Score" is good, but I could have done without the hour or so of them plus the orchestra. OK idea I guess but it came off kind of cheesy. If you haven't seen or heard "Live at Budokan" you should definitely get it. Much better IMO.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters