Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
6 registered (brwsaw, J. B., Socketman, JBG, tomtuttle, nickbuol), 92 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12704 Members
11 Forums
22683 Topics
400480 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16224
SirQuack 13311
CV 11060
MarkSJohnson 10678
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164 - 07/17/01 02:17 PM Benefit to Using Larger Fronts, when using a Sub?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am currently assembling a home theatre package. If I will be configuring the Front speakers using the "small" option (x-over at 80 hz) on a home theatre receiver, together with an active Sub, would I still benefit from moving from M3 to M40 or M50? Would M40 still provide greater output than M3 if both are filtered below 80 hz, or would I benefit more from presumably better imaging from the M3? Thanks!

#165 - 07/19/01 05:08 AM Re: Benefit to Using Larger Fronts, when using a Sub?
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

If the front channel information is limited to 80Hz and above then there would be no benefit to the lower bass response of the M40 tower model. If you are planning on using the sub for 2 channel also then again you would not benefit from the lower bass of the M40. In the case of the M50 you are also gaining efficiency and cleaner high volume output which are things to consider if you like to play your system at higher volume levels or with wide dynamic range movies or music.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.