AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (MarkSJohnson), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13316 Members
11 Forums
22874 Topics
404195 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17768
pmbuko 16273
SirQuack 13333
CV 11194
MarkSJohnson 10878
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

A New Look For Our Amps and Pre-amps? Adding yet another level of customization...

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166 - 07/18/01 05:07 PM Placement of M3ti
Steve Offline
frequent flier

I am looking at purchasing the M3Ti, but I need to wall mount them instead of using a stand. Will the sound quality be any different if the rear of the speakers are only 4 inches from the wall? Or should I consider the M2Ti where the port may have less of any impact on the sound? I haven't decided yet if I will be using a subwoofer.

Thanks

#167 - 07/19/01 04:54 AM Re: Placement of M3ti
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

4 inches from the wall is more than enough to not have any problems with the rear port on the M3s. The placement of loudspeakers, whether rear ported or not, near a wall or especially a corner will have the effect of increasing bass response. This is generally a desirable effect with bookshelf speakers and or large rooms.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

#168 - 07/29/01 09:31 PM Re: Placement of M3ti
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be mounting a pair of M3ti's in a custom designed wall-unit. My questions have to do with placement:
- will a horizontal mounting affect performance?
- can I design the wall unit shelf with zero clearance aroung the speaker, save for several inches at the rear?
- any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks for your help. It's great to see a Canadian company doing so well on the world's stage.

#169 - 07/30/01 06:38 AM Re: Placement of M3ti
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

Horizontal mounting is fine for the M3s. You should mount them so as the tweeters are pointing at each other for the best imaging. Because the cabinet is angled towards the rear then placement above 3 feet from the floor will require some sort of support to make the speakers face straight out as opposed to up in the room. If the mounting is above 7 feet from the floor you may want to make this support actual point the speakers slightly down. I would not suggest a zero clearance design in the wall unit. A few inches around the sides and top would be very helpful for bass response. Thanks for your comments about our company. We have put many years of work into being able to design and produce what we feel are the finest loudspeakers on the market. It is great to hear all the comments from our customers about how astounded they are with the Axiom product performance and overall quality and service.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.