Rate Thread
Vintage Kenwood KA 9100 Help
#168535 05/20/07 10:12 PM
C
regular
OP Offline
regular
C
Hi , I have a Kenwood ka 9100 amplifier .Iam having problems connecting it to my mixer .When I turn the power on the VU meters light up . But when I hook it up to mixer I get no sound . I ve tried making connections every which way , but still doesnt work .Either Im connecting it wrong or it just doesnt work .If I have RCA cables from the AUX on my mixer , where on the amplifier would they go ?Someone also told me I need sometype of mini U shaped plug that connects to the back of the amplifier. Would I have my monitors going from the mixer or the amplifier ?Heres some images,can you show me the correct way to connect the amplifier to the mixer .

From AJAX:
"Or, are you trying to hook up your sources (Turntables) to the mixer and then send that output to the Kenwood then to the speakers?"

That is exactly what Iam trying to do .

"If you are attempting the latter (mixer to Kenwood to speakers), you would connect an output from the mixer (like the left and right AUX OUT) to an input on the Kenwood (like the left and right AUX INPUT). The output volume from the mixer would then be controlled by the "AUX OUT" knob on the right side of the mixer just below the "BOOTH" volume control. Also, you'd need to set the Kenwood's input selector to "AUX," and the Kenwood's volume knob would also affect the volume going to the speakers."

I have done that but I get no sound from the speakers .
Also for the speaker connection , I just placed the speaker wire in the base of the terminal and tightened it up .Do I need a certain speaker connector for the terminals on the Kenwwod ?

Should there be some type of connection here

The Kenwood powers on , I just think Iam not connecting it the right way .Or maybe the Kenwood just doesnt work

Re: Vintage Kenwood KA 9100 Help
chromedome #168536 05/20/07 10:21 PM
C
regular
OP Offline
regular
C
I could not edit the oversized pictures on the first post , so I started a new thread .

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kodiak), 532 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup