Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 87 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 86 87
Re: So who did ya see in concert last night?
MarkSJohnson #378684 06/18/12 11:54 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
There might have been more had you invited any of us.... ::sniff-sniff::

That's not fair. You were invited. OK, actually, you invited yourself but I graciously accepted your self invitation.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Ya_basta #378685 06/18/12 11:56 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Originally Posted By: Murph
I was in Toronto on Friday for meetings and only found out on my return cab ride to the airport that Dave Matthews was playing there the next night. DAMN IT!!!

Will I ever learn to check concert listings before booking flights?

I'm an 1 1/2 from Toronto, bud frown.

I unfortunately missed it too because of my sores.

Well next time they come back, make sure you have no sores and make sure I know about it and we will both go! Fred isn't all that far away either and I owe him a golf game so he can come too. I'll fling golf balls at him during the concert so it will feel like he's golfing with me again.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
medic8r #379934 07/12/12 07:00 PM
medic8r Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I was looking through the local newpapers online for some last minute date night options for this weekend, and I came across the Death Cab for Cutie concert in Charlottesville this Saturday the 14th. Just completed the purchase of a couple of GA tix for the amphitheater setting.

Told the wife I'd made plans for us, but haven't told her the details yet. Not sure if I'll spill the beans beforehand or let her find out when we arrive.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #379948 07/13/12 03:26 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Score!! Good job, JP.

Although I am a bit miffed you didn't think of me for date night. frown

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose
medic8r #379949 07/13/12 03:30 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Dave Matthews put on a good show as usual. Wife and I scored Pit tickets through the fan club and ended up about 15 feet from the stage. The worst part of the night was trying to find a cab after the show in a crowd of drunk people waiving down cabs... After about 45 minutes we finally got one though! They cut the set short by 3 songs due to venue curfew which was a bummer (saw the complete set list from one of the VIP guys who runs www.dmbalmanac.com after the show.) However, they still played a solid 2 hours and 10 minutes so I wasn't really too worried about it. Only bad things was one of the songs cut was a new one from their upcoming album that I really wanted to hear.

The opening artist was Brandi Carlile who had an amazing voice and was smokin' hot.

-David
medic8r #379962 07/13/12 03:51 PM
medic8r Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Funny that you should post about a Dave Matthews concert after my post about a Charlottesville, VA concert. Maybe I'll pass through Dave's neighborhood on the way to my show!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #379977 07/13/12 10:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sweet! I've been trying to find a bottle of his wine but they don't carry it here...

-David
medic8r #380086 07/16/12 04:14 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making
C
I finally got to see Marina and the Diamonds last night.

She was cute and funny, and she has been working out. Nice muscle tone going on, and I think she's proud of it. My sister, who saw her on her last tour, said there was a distinct difference.

She had a cool neon "Electra Heart" sign behind the stage that made it more of a light show than last time, according to my sister. It was definitely no Ting Tings light show, but at least she seemed to have more money this time around.

She seemed genuinely surprised and grateful for the Seattle audience's enthusiasm. She kept mentioning it, and how she didn't know she had any fans in Seattle.

She also did some weird inclusion of stuffed animals. She brought out a pink dog that is apparently one of her favorites. She called the dog a bitch at one point (with a couple of harsher adjectives before it, though I can't remember what they were), but she immediately said something along the lines of, "Oh, I know it's only a stuffed animal, but I feel really bad about saying that." She actually did seem to feel bad about insulting her stuffed animal. Ha ha. Anyway, you could tell she had a lot of ideas about stuff to do to make the performance a little more memorable, but she hasn't quite arrived at the required confidence level to pull it off. Which is endearing in its own way, of course. I like that she's up there doing it even if she hasn't quite worked it out.

Her singing was a little hit and miss, but overall, I was satisfied with the performance. I preferred the couple of songs she performed by herself, without the backing musicians. I think part of that is because the sound was pretty bad. Too loud for the sound system to handle cleanly, so that bugged. It's almost always a problem at the concerts I go to, but it seemed especially bad at this one.

I was also pretty tired, which affected my level of excitement, too. Throw in an annoying chick who kept pushing in on my space until I was separated from my sister, and I was fairly irritable by the end of the concert. I had really been looking forward to trying to meet Marina after the show, but at the end, I just wasn't feeling like I would be giving her my best side, so we skipped that part, walking right by where the small gathering had formed outside her tour bus.

I'm sure I'll regret it when the opportunity fails to present itself again.

CV #382206 08/27/12 07:22 PM
aficionado
aficionado
The Metallica Full Arsenal Tour last Friday night in Vancouver, BC. They were filming both friday and saturday nights shows as well as a post production show tonight for a 3D concert movie. I have seen a lot of concerts over the years but this show was over the top for sights and sound. It was the biggest production ever staged in Rogers Arena. The stage alone was 50' x 140' with built in video and lights in the floor. Should be interesting to see the finished product.

medic8r #382373 09/02/12 02:56 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Last night the wife and I went to see Styx. As usual, a great show.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Page 68 of 87 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 86 87

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters