Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A Road Trip! Destination... Dwight, Ont .. !!!!
#171409 06/29/07 05:43 PM
avdude Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I have been slowly retooling my HT system over the last few months, started with a vp150, got a Emotiva LPA-1 to go with my Pioneer reciever and oppo dvd... after reading here for hours and other sites I decided to go with M60's for the front and M3 for my rears.. I call up Axiom yesterday morning to find out if I ordered my speakers if they would ship the same day .. I know from previous orders that i will recieve them the next morning after they are shipped.. Noreen checked the system to make sure there was stock and said that my order would ship that afternoon.. I said great because If not i was willing to drive up and pick them up as I wanted them for the weekend..Noreen says if you want to pick up you can do that too and get a tour while your here!!! Well I figure .. "its a nice day for a drive" and being a Axiom fan it would be a cool thing to do.. Dwight is about 220kms from my house and as I was starting the first day of my summer vaction, I jumped in the truck and called Norreeen to hold off on the shipping, that I was on my way.... The drive to Dwight is great.. Lots of Rocks, Lakes and tree's, the Canadian shield at it's finest.... I Have been throught Dwight numerous times over the years but on this day I decided to let my GPS direct me... It added about 45 minutes to my 2+ hour trip... I used the "backroads" to come home and saved a bunch of time.. "note to self" the GPS doesn't always know best...

So I arrive at Axiom all excited and I walk in to the front office and I am greated by Noreen.. She takes my final order (I told her to wait as I figured during the drive i might have a change of heart as to exactly what I wanted) In the end I get a pair of M60's, a pair of M3's and a Polo shirt...She does the paper work we share a few laughs about some of the posts on this fourm and how Norren has RockStar status to Axiom buyers..She directs me to the back of the plant to the shipping door to go pick up my goods.. I go to the shipping door and the guy has my speakers at the door and is about to go fetch my shirt.. As I'm waiting I am aproached by Debbie! She introduces herself and ask's if i would like a tour.. Well gentlemen a tour of your favorite speaker plant is one thing but when it is conducted by a beautiful woman, how can you go wrong.. I have never met a lady so passionate and knowlageable about speakers ... Debbie proceeded to give me my tour of the plant.. Very cool I must say, we stopped off at some of the workstations and watched as the the different employee's did there jobs .. I had no idea how speakers were made so it was a pretty interesting tour.. Watching the one girl make woofers from scratch was very cool ... But the best was yet to come ... In one corner of the building there is this huge elevated steel room.. We climb the stairs and go up into what is the "testing chamber" (Deb gave the technical name but I forget what it was)Now this is one cool room .. You go in and close the door and the silence is undescribable .. It was kind of like the black out and how it was neat to experience the "dark" The silence in the room is something to experience .. Then it was on to the listening room where they have speakers set up to listen to and then off to the engeneering rooms.. It just so happens that Ian and a couple of other fellows had the new Amp on a test bench doing some testing.. So i got to see it "nekid" without the top panel on.. Now I don't know a thing about circut boards or the such so don't PM me looking for info as It was all foreign to me .. I just looked and tried not to drool on the equiptment ..(or was i drooling over My tour guide ) Was great to meet Ian and that he took the time to speak with me is just another feather in the great customer support record that Axiom has.. Deb walked me back to my truck which was already loaded and ready to go (thanks to the boys in shipping) I left with a huge smile and my face and a day later I am still ..

So if you have to chance to do a "factory pickup" I would recomend it in a second.. There is no better way to get the full "Axiom" experience!!! Once again my Thanks to Noreen, Ian,and everyone else i met.. Sorry I couldn't keep track of all the names... Also a special "your the best" for Debbie who made a great afternoon even better...Your unhurried and informative tour was the highlight of my day ...

Avdude

Pio VSX1018,LPA-1,M60,M3,Qs8,Vp150,HSU VTF3,,Pio 5080,PS3..
Re: A Road Trip! Destination... Dwight, Ont .. !!!
avdude #171410 06/29/07 06:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite
avdude,
See this link for our tour back in 2004.
I know they've finished some rooms and made many additions since, but even back in 2004 they were gearing up for the assembly line of amps.
These were part of a few secrets that Amie beat us into keeping for sooooo long. Who would have known she was so good with a whip?

Just kidding.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Re: A Road Trip! Destination... Dwight, Ont .. !!!
chesseroo #171411 06/29/07 06:46 PM
avdude Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
wow that post must have been buried.. I never saw it .. Great review .... after reading yours .. I should almost delete mine .. you did a wonderful job of capturing the "axiom" experience.. thanks for the link !!!

Avdude

Re: A Road Trip! Destination... Dwight, Ont .. !!!!
avdude #171412 06/29/07 08:13 PM
shareholder in the making
Bring on the picture of Debbie.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

SirQuack #171413 06/29/07 08:36 PM
avdude Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Bring on the picture of Debbie.

.. I did take a camera but when I put it in the bag i must have turned it on and by the time I got there it was dead.. So no pics of Debbie or anyone.. I think I have seen a pic of her on here somewhere in another thread.. All I can say is she is a "hottie" for sure .. With a smile that has that melting effect, on me anyway ..

Avdude

avdude #171414 06/29/07 08:50 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Quote:

All I can say is she is a "hottie" for sure .. With a smile that has that melting effect, on me anyway ..

May I introduce you to a friend of mine?

Bren R.

BrenR #171415 06/29/07 09:27 PM
avdude Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Quote:

Quote:

All I can say is she is a "hottie" for sure .. With a smile that has that melting effect, on me anyway ..

May I introduce you to a friend of mine?

Bren R.

I pondered how to describe her so as to not offend anyone .. I was hoping my description was mild enough not to cause and waves

Avdude

avdude #171416 06/29/07 09:28 PM
M
M
Hey avdude thanks for that virtual tour. It's called an anechoic chamber by the way. If you stay in there quietly for about 20 minutes, you can actually hear individual air molecules hitting your eardrums!

Mojo #171417 06/30/07 07:30 PM
avdude Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
We only spent 2 or 3 minutes in there but it was a very cool experience .. Next time i'm up there I will see if they will let me hang out in the room a while longer ..

Avdude

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044