found some more info on that 2 channel...

all quotes from Ian:

"But if you wanted to max a system like mine with power the equation would go as follows: your maximum possible power consumed at each speaker (determined by the impedance of your speakers), times the number of channels you have, divided by 1,400. For myself that works out pretty much to be: 700 watts x 8 = 5,600 watts / 1,400 = 4 amps. This of course would mean a stereo version of the amp would make more sense and we will be sure to have one available."

I also found this tidbit about the new computer speaker amp (which also apply's to the bookshelf 120 watts/channel amp):

"Where we are at currently is two versions of the amp. One is 2 channels and the other has 5.1 channels. The power will be around 60 watts per channel. There are two similarities to the A1400 series of amps; the look of the front panel and the fact that it is a digital amp with an analog toroidial power supply."

I had no idea that all these amps were based on a digital design...I think all of Axioms future amps will be digital, it seems anyway.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com