Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Remastered Joshua Tree?
michael_d #181050 10/30/07 04:46 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I have picked up Rattle and Hum a hundred times (DVD version)and put it back because I can't stand when they have stuff between the tracks. I'm just not into the documentary side and even if I was, I don't want it messing up the concert experience.

Anybody know if it's an option you can turn off? If so, I'd buy the HD version.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #181054 10/30/07 04:51 PM
shareholder in the making
Adam will have it soon enough, not to worry. I'm sure he'll let us know how well it agrees with his M3s. \:\)

Ken.C #181062 10/30/07 05:19 PM
N
devotee
devotee
N
The Limited Super Deluxe Edition brought a recent Amazon review to mind - this was a review posting for Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same (Remastered) -brings to mind Monty Python and all that good stuff - i was laughing so hard when I read it and figured you would too.

8 of 45 people found the following review helpful:
Led Zeppelin Remastered!!!!!, September 26, 2007
By nmollo (London) - See all my reviews

Having not bought this item I thought it was great. You may not have heard of Led Zeppelin because they are an obscure rock band from the 70's that now with the re-release of this re-release have released a new set of remixed re-releases that might, for the impoverished group, gain them some of the reputation they justly deserve. These tracks are remastered and remixed from the original remasters and remixed again to give a re-re-mastered quality remix, the likes of which you have never heard before. The packaging, which I haven't seen, is also well designed.

Epic Grande Master 500 w/ on wall VP180
Nachosgrande #181072 10/30/07 06:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
What's more humorous is the 8 people who found the review helpful. LOL. Loved it.

Nachosgrande #181088 10/30/07 07:58 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Awesome. \:D

Spam spam spam spam spammity spam!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Ken.C #181137 10/31/07 02:26 AM
Ken, I'd need a pole a lot longer than your 10 footer to touch those Joshua Tree discs at all, but relative to Tower, the new site does have less info(as I pointed out in another recent thread)than the old one, but the prices are better and I've been very satisfied despite the sparse site. One thing that I've found useful if there's some ambiguity in the description is to google the UPC number and possibly see a more complete one elsewhere. It's likely that Tower will beat Amazon on the same item.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #181158 10/31/07 11:44 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Speaking of Towers, I ordered some of everyone's recommendations from Towers Monday the 22nd. Also ordered two from Amazon.com same day. Both ground shipping. Both sent emails within 24 hours saying my orders had shipped.

I got my Amazon order on Thursday the 25th but still no sign of the Towers' order. Not really complaining, just wondering if this is the norm. Seems slow even for snail mail.

A Canadian Duty Officer probably decided that classical music from the States is a form of illegal contraband, sent as a pre-invasion tool to calm us from our Beer Drinking and Tim Horton frenzies so we will be easier to subdue.

Murph #181259 11/01/07 02:04 AM
Andrew, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the Tower web site under new management about the past four months still has an excellent selection and the prices are even better, but the service isn't as informative or speedy. They give an estimated time for "standard" shipping as 8-15 days, and my three most recent orders took about 9-10 days after shipping.

I don't know what the shipping situation to Canada is(even if free shipping is available), but it can be noted that the new owners are Canadian, i.e., Caiman Holdings headquartered in Montreal. I doubt that customs would cause any problem with CDs(even with strange foreign-sounding names like Rachmaninoff)and they might be there in another 2-3 days.

Would be interested to hear what you ordered and your impressions of them when you give them a listen.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #181583 11/02/07 09:30 PM
P
frequent flier
frequent flier
P
I can't believe it's not called the Super Extreme Limited Edition Special Newly Remastered Deluxe Version. I thought it was a joke when I saw the original post!

pgans #184958 11/21/07 10:42 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Well, picked this up today (Limited uber-U2-geek Edition) ;), and I've got to say it is a vast improvement over the original. I've yet to listen to it on my Axioms, but even in the car the improvement is obvious. It's not the best sounding cd ever by any stretch, but it's better than the original in every way. The first and most obvious improvement is bass - much more weight and definition (without going overboard). Overall it seems like they've pretty much lifted a veil off the original. Transients are much clearer, instruments have more definition, channel separation is better, vocals are clearer, (especially background vocals), and they've done a good job of equalizing the mix across the album (no more turning it up to hear Exit properly). They also didn't go overboard - not too hot and no wacky separation or panning thrown in. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Now excuse me while I go listen to it through the M3s. \:D

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020