Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
6 registered (BBIBH, medic8r, MarkSJohnson, J. B., ClubNeon, SBrown), 83 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12686 Members
11 Forums
22680 Topics
400422 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16222
SirQuack 13311
CV 11056
MarkSJohnson 10671
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1838 - 02/25/02 11:34 PM Subwoofer Connection
lando622 Offline
old hand

Loc: Florida, USA
Hey there,
I've seen a great deal of discussion in various audio forums on the topic of subwoofer connections, and would like some advice from anyone here with an opinion. What subwoofer connections are you finding work best, the low level line out from the receiver to the sub, or the high level speaker wire connection (of which there seems to be a few different variations)? User manuals seem pretty straightforward on this issue, but there is SO much debate on this topic in different forums. Being new to the HT game, I'm looking to benefit from others' experience. Thanks!

#1839 - 02/27/02 07:37 PM Re: Subwoofer Connection
b_man Offline
old hand

Loc: Illinois, USA
Hi Lando.

I am currently using the pre out sub connection from my OnkyoTx-DS797 to the low level input of my Infinity sub. It sounds great to me and that's what matters. If you stick around here long enough you'll hear that phrase a lot from BBIBH. :)

I have never tried the other method you mentioned.

b_man

#1840 - 02/27/02 08:18 PM Re: Subwoofer Connection
BBIBH Online   content
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
No, no, no....there seems to be some confusion! What I said was it is how it sounds to ME, not you! You see everyone on the tour needs to send me a plane ticket and directions to their house to listen. If I like the sound, you get the instructions to the Magic Decoder RIng....if I don't, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!! LOL ;)

Actually, you are bang on! Enjoy the hobby!

Regards,

BBIBH

Mike

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.