Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 535 of 917 1 2 533 534 535 536 537 916 917
Re: So what are ya listening to tonight?
2x6spds #288522 01/25/10 02:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I've held back over the years, but this is the most boring, idiotic thread of all.

What are you listening to tonight?
Should I get the M80s or the M2s?
Should I use monster cable or string?
My EP500 doesn't work.

Please.

Cheers.

Just curious 2x6, I don't understand why would you want to show up on a thread such as this and make this totally uncalled for statement aloud instead of just keeping the thoughts to yourself? You've been around these parts for a long time and by now you should know that our forum is probably one of the most civil, helpful and easy going of all forums online and I'd be be willing to bet that any one of the folks who you insulted would probably be the first persons anywhere to go out of their way to help or give advice to those in need ... including you, but obviously you'll never need it.

I've always read your post, albeit a little arrogant at times and for the most part enjoyed your thoughts along with the equipment you have shared with us but now that I have seen your obvious true side my perspective of you is totally different and will put you on my ignore list, not that you really care or anything.

To the rest of my Axiom family, please keep up the post regarding the music you listen to, types of speakers you are contemplating, the cable you are happy with and the issues that you may have with your 500s or whatever speaker you may be having troubles with ... that's exactly why I spend so much time on these forums.

Oh Yea, and very mostly ... it's also because you are a very good group of people to hang with, I always enjoy your company. \:\)

Rick
Our Room

smile
RickF #288531 01/25/10 03:29 PM
shareholder in the making
 Originally Posted By: RickF
Oh Yea, and very mostly ... it's also because you are a very good group of people to hang with, I always enjoy your company. \:\)

I agree. With very few exceptions -- possibly only one -- I'd love to meet all of you in person and share some food, beverages, good tunes, and more beverages. \:\)

pmbuko #288552 01/25/10 05:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
OK....just to retrack this baby, I saw an infomercial from Time Life on Pop Music from the 60's. Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, The Highwaymen, The Rooftop Singers, Jeannie C. Riley, Johnny Cash.......and on and on. I almost pulled the trigger - but not quite. I did download a few of the songs.
Took me back to some of the earliest days I can remember with my mom and her sister putting on the 45's moving the coffee table and dancing with us younguns over at grandma's house......

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Argon #288559 01/25/10 05:44 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

I just put on Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #288560 01/25/10 05:51 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Argon, I think that Time Life does some of the best compilations out there. I have vol 1 and 2 of their Christmas music, and they are fantastic. I've been tempted by some of their 70s sets.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #288561 01/25/10 05:52 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yesterday on the Axioms:

Eagles: Greatest Hits
R.E.M.: Green

Tonight on the Axioms: CBS' Monday night comedies.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.
medic8r #288562 01/25/10 05:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: medic8r
Argon, I think that Time Life does some of the best compilations out there. I have vol 1 and 2 of their Christmas music, and they are fantastic. I've been tempted by some of their 70s sets.

I actually had gone on line and had keyed in my info and my finger was hovering over the enter key when I backed off. It was a bit pricey. I went to Amazon and keyed in Time Life and saw other comps at a bit more reasonable price. I will likely forget - but if not, I will check from time to time and see if some of the Mom & Pops show up with the same comp later.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
Argon #288568 01/25/10 06:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Glad to see this thread back on track. I read some of the earlier comments and couldn't really figure out what was behind them.

Anyhooo, I've seen a few good compilations at BB and FS, usually with such titles as "70s Rock", "Guitar Rock" ect, although I would think the Time Life collections may be more thorough and perhaps(?) better quality.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #288570 01/25/10 06:18 PM
I'm always afraid I'm going to miss some hidden gem with best-ofs and compilations--I like original albums.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
RickF #288573 01/25/10 06:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: RickF
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I've held back over the years, but this is the most boring, idiotic thread of all.

What are you listening to tonight?
Should I get the M80s or the M2s?
Should I use monster cable or string?
My EP500 doesn't work.

Please.

Cheers.

Just curious 2x6, I don't understand why would you want to show up on a thread such as this and make this totally uncalled for statement aloud instead of just keeping the thoughts to yourself? You've been around these parts for a long time and by now you should know that our forum is probably one of the most civil, helpful and easy going of all forums online and I'd be be willing to bet that any one of the folks who you insulted would probably be the first persons anywhere to go out of their way to help or give advice to those in need ... including you, but obviously you'll never need it.

I've always read your post, albeit a little arrogant at times and for the most part enjoyed your thoughts along with the equipment you have shared with us but now that I have seen your obvious true side my perspective of you is totally different and will put you on my ignore list, not that you really care or anything.

To the rest of my Axiom family, please keep up the post regarding the music you listen to, types of speakers you are contemplating, the cable you are happy with and the issues that you may have with your 500s or whatever speaker you may be having troubles with ... that's exactly why I spend so much time on these forums.

Well, mostly I have. Perhaps it was an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, who knows.

Keep up the good work guys.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Page 535 of 917 1 2 533 534 535 536 537 916 917

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters