#199 07/28/01 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greetings,

I'm putting together a new system and had decided on the NAD C350 for amplification. I started looking at input and outputs and what I might want to add to the system in the future. The C350 only has one set of speaker outputs and no sub out since it's *not* a HT amp. What it does have is two sets of pre-out jacks, one being volume controlled. Obviously, that's right and left channels. Do the Axiom subs have any facility for live-level in with right and left channels separated? My thought in speakers has been either the M60s or the M22s with the EP125 sub. I just don't know if my chosen electronics with work with the latter given the amp's available outputs.

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Sub Inputs
#200 07/30/01 01:04 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
You have two choices for hooking up an EP125 to your NAD C350. The EP125 has high level inputs and outputs so you can hook up the sub with your speaker wires. Also the EP125 has right and left line level inputs for use with the right and left pre-out jacks on your NAD. Please not that this will be changing in September to one line level in and one line level out.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
#201 07/30/01 06:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, why do away with the L-R line ins and just go to a single line in? Certainly that could be switchable?

Keith

#202 07/31/01 11:33 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Actually the R and L inputs are changing to one line input and one line output. The reason for the change is twofold. First the need for a line out was important for ease of hook-up in a multiple sub configuration. Second the need for an R and L input was becoming rare with so many pre-amplifiers now having one designated sub output. In fact the R and L inputs were becoming a bit confusing for a lot of people because they did not know what to do with the other input. Added to all of this is the ease of using the high level inputs on the sub-woofer for straight two channel use.

Ian Colquhoun

Ian Colquhoun

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617