Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Speaker wire with new Axioms
Ken.C #213186 06/26/08 09:04 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
when you access your denon from the computer (I think it is through ftp) using your web browser, there is a text menu that is arranged similar to the GUI menu.

You can adjust all settings from there, or save the settings onto your computer. Then you can upload these saved settings to your denon at anytime.

It is actually pretty convenient.

-David
terzaghi #213201 06/26/08 09:56 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
when you access your denon from the computer (I think it is through ftp) using your web browser, there is a text menu that is arranged similar to the GUI menu.

You can adjust all settings from there, or save the settings onto your computer. Then you can upload these saved settings to your denon at anytime.

It is actually pretty convenient.

There is actually http access. You can make changes there and they take effect immediately. But it is nowhere near as polished as it needs to be.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember
terzaghi #213202 06/26/08 09:57 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
have you ran audessey with the supplied mic?

When you copied the eq curve was everything at 0 db or was there already changes made to the curve?

If audessey had ran correctly then when you first copied the curve you should see all of the changes that audessey implemented for each frequency listed.

on page 43 of the manual it says that if you changed the settings of a speaker which was set to "none" then you can not select audyssey EQ. not sure what they mean by this, but maybe if you had surrounds or SW set to "none" during the auto eq, and then later added it in by manually changing SW to "yes" or connecting surrounds then you have to re-run audessey.

David, I did indeed use the supplied microphone and ran the Audyssey setup this morning.

edmondwolfman #213208 06/27/08 12:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
hmmm... no clue.

When you copied the EQ curve did the starting curve have changes already made to it from audyssey?

-David
terzaghi #213236 06/27/08 04:10 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
hmmm... no clue.

When you copied the EQ curve did the starting curve have changes already made to it from audyssey?

Yes, each one of the speakers had different settings.
I have some surround Bs that I didn't have turned on in the setup and when I looked at those they were both set to all 0s but the FL FR Center SAR SAL all had different frequency levels.

Last edited by edmondwolfman; 06/27/08 04:15 AM.

edmondwolfman #213248 06/27/08 12:39 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
see my above post.

If you hooked up any speakers after you ran audyssey you will have to re-run it

audessey takes all speakers into account when it creates the EQ curve, so adding two new speakers can significantly change the results.

-David
terzaghi #213250 06/27/08 01:33 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
see my above post.

If you hooked up any speakers after you ran audyssey you will have to re-run it

audessey takes all speakers into account when it creates the EQ curve, so adding two new speakers can significantly change the results.

I don't actually run the B speakers I just have them hooked up in case I want to turn on the smaller speakers as a comparason or run A+B together.

I'll remove them from my speaker setup and see if that makes a change, if not I guess I'll rerun Audyssey but not while it's thundering like crazy outside

Is there someplace in the menu where you tell it to use "Audyssey or Audyssey Flat"? I don't see it but the menu is a little confusing to me as well. I'm amazed you find things in that manual. For the way my brain works I don't think the 3808 manual could be written any worse!

edmondwolfman #213251 06/27/08 02:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
download the manual in pdf form from the denon website, then just do a search for the keywords you are looking for...

the manually really does suck!

The EQ button cycles between Off-manual-audyssey-audyssey flat.

IF you manually went in and changed surround b to "yes" then you need to re-run audyssey...

I have to drive through OKcity in a couple of hours on my way back to tulsa from lawton... is it storming there?

IF all you did was hook them up and never enable them on the receiver then it shouldn't have caused a problem.

do you have the most up to date firmware?

-David
terzaghi #213290 06/27/08 05:58 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
download the manual in pdf form from the denon website, then just do a search for the keywords you are looking for...

the manually really does suck!

The EQ button cycles between Off-manual-audyssey-audyssey flat.

IF you manually went in and changed surround b to "yes" then you need to re-run audyssey...

I have to drive through OKcity in a couple of hours on my way back to tulsa from lawton... is it storming there?

IF all you did was hook them up and never enable them on the receiver then it shouldn't have caused a problem.

do you have the most up to date firmware?

This is probably too late but it isn't storming here anymore as of 11:00 AM.

I went into my speaker configuration and told the receiver that I had no B speakers and now all my Audyssey settings are back again. Thanks for the hints. I didn't realize they had a PDF manual online, Duh! I'll d'load it today. That is definately the way to go. Seems like everything I try to look at in the manual says "go to page blah blah blah" so I'm flipping back and forth constantly.

If you are coming back from Lawton you're around my old stomping grounds, I grew up around Duncan

edmondwolfman #213294 06/27/08 06:05 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I probably should start another thread for this question but I don't want to appear to be a "Thread Hog" \:\)

I noticed one of the posters ordered an Emotiva XPA-5 5 channel amp to drive his speakers because his Yamaha couldn't drive them properly. What are everyone's thoughts on that? I see my 3808 has pre-outs so it could work as a preamp to the amp for some channels.

Is the sound really that much better having an amp to take care of the power to the speakers since it is designed to do that as opposed to letting the 3808 drive all channels? Also I don't see any volume control on the front of the amp. How does that work? Does it work from the receiver/preamp?

Also if you are driving your main speakers with the amp and some others with your receiver does everything stay in sync or would one just drive all 5 channels from the amp?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020